ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got INIS letter today for temp stamp 4!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Got INIS letter today for temp stamp 4!

Post by Jellybean105 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Hellp everyone..

I was on here a while ago. My story so far; im british and my husband is pakistani. We left the UK and now residing in Ireland. I set up my self employed business in Feburary and in August we came to ireland together. After a few hiccups, we finally submitted our application mid august.

Today, we recieved acknowledgement! And a letter to take to garda for a temp stamp. I feel so relieved! But the letter also says we need to submit some documents.

First: if im self-employed; further current copies of sales and invoices, and further current bank statements. (i already provided all feb to august)

Secondly: if renting; utility bills, bank statements and corespondence of Eu citizen and applicant.

When we submitted our application we said we were staying at a friends until we found a suitable place for ourselves. We included a letter from the owner and deeds etc

So is this something to worry about? Also, it says the deadline is 15th Feb so is it okay to send the documents anytime before then?
Last edited by Jellybean105 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:04 am

Also, I wanted to ask if its okay for my husband to go alone to Garda to get his temp stamp 4 or do I need to go with him?

Thanks!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:36 am

You need to go with him and bring your passport (it should have been specified on the letter).

Nothing to be worried about, but don't wait until Feb to send the documents if you can have them before - they are slow enough so you'd better make sure you are perfectly clean on your side so that they can't blame any delay on you.

The other documents make sense, but the corespondence of Eu citizen and applicant is a bit strange. Usually it would only be required for non-married couples. I assume you have submitted your marriage certificate? (if yes and unless there is some specific reason why they are asking for this in your case; I wouldn't worry too much about this one)
The bank statements might only be needed to prove that you are self-employed; if you have separate accounts for your business they shouldn't need your personal account (unless you are application is also based on having enough funds to be self-sufficient without employement and not rely on public money).

loverboy2
Newly Registered

Post by loverboy2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:31 pm

To be on the good side infront of eu rights section. Prtb letter on your and your spouse name is very very very important. Please think it as its more important then your marriage certificate. Prtb letter makes them confident that you live together and all is well.please my advise will be to rent some apartment soon,wish you best of luck,

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Thank you jeupsy and loverboy2.

I already sent my business account bank statements for feb to aug so how many more months would I need to show? Do I need to keep sending them regularly? If I send them in 2 months, then what about all the remaining months?

Yes, we are married and we are living together. We submitted our marriage certificate and photos etc, which were returned to us.

I am trying to get a place for us to rent. We can't afford to pay any more than around 400 euros so finding it a bit difficult. If we rent, usually landlords do register with tenancies board right or would I need to confirm with them?

Thank you for your help!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:
I am trying to get a place for us to rent. We can't afford to pay any more than around 400 euros so finding it a bit difficult. If we rent, usually landlords do register with tenancies board right or would I need to confirm with them?
According to the law it is mandatory for landlords to register tenancies. But some of them don't do it or take a long time to do it, and no one is checking so not much would happen if they didn't register you.

So just to make sure, do tell the landlord that you will need the registration shortly.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:00 am

Thanks, I'll check with the landlord.

I wanted to ask, while all this is happening, is it possible for my husband to visit the UK? He just wants to visit for a max a month and visit my parents but I don't want it to jeopardise the situation.

We will be returning after he gets his resident card, but in the meantime (while on a temp stamp 4) is there a way he can go? I looked it up and the only way I can see is as a general visitor? Or family visitor?

Is it difficult to get this visa and what exactly do we need to prove?

sheffield
Newly Registered

Post by sheffield » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:20 am

Jellybean105 wrote:Thanks, I'll check with the landlord.

I wanted to ask, while all this is happening, is it possible for my husband to visit the UK? He just wants to visit for a max a month and visit my parents but I don't want it to jeopardise the situation.

We will be returning after he gets his resident card, but in the meantime (while on a temp stamp 4) is there a way he can go? I looked it up and the only way I can see is as a general visitor? Or family visitor?

did your husband have visa when i lived uk b4 moving ireland

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:31 am

Hi there

Yes he had a student visa, it expired so he tried to extend it and got refused and then went into appeal. We then applied for spouse, not realising that we can't submit on an appeal so his application was refused and he was asked to leave. He was there for about 4 years, legally.
But after the whole spouse process we decided to go the EU route and so we moved to Ireland.

sheffield
Newly Registered

Post by sheffield » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Hi there

Yes he had a student visa, it expired so he tried to extend it and got refused and then went into appeal. We then applied for spouse, not realising that we can't submit on an appeal so his application was refused and he was asked to leave. He was there for about 4 years, legally.
But after the whole spouse process we decided to go the EU route and so we moved to Ireland.
hi

i was refued spouse visa in uk and i decided to go eu route but i dnt knw wht to do i am in uk if i moved republic ireland it easy or hard i have no visa in uk how can i com 2 ireland .my wife she britsh and i have kid .if i move ireland my wife need 2 move or she can com bk when i am ther in ireland

sheffield
Newly Registered

Post by sheffield » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:24 pm

sheffield wrote:

hi

i was refued spouse visa in uk and i decided to go eu route but i dnt knw wht to do i am in uk if i moved republic ireland it easy or hard i have no visa in uk how can i com 2 ireland .my wife she britsh and i have kid .if i move ireland my wife need 2 move or she can com bk when i am ther in ireland
and which is best place 2 move ireland dublin or other area

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Its really up to you where you want to go.

Please can someone answer my questions - I'd really appreciate it. As I said before:

Thanks, I'll check with the landlord.

sheffield
Newly Registered

Post by sheffield » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:24 pm

sheffield wrote:
sheffield wrote:

hi

and which is best place 2 move ireland dublin or other area
hey how long did take for stamp 4

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:17 pm

You need to tell the landlord in advance that you will want the tenancy registered. Some landlords don't register even though they should do so, therefore best to tell them in advance. If they plan to register they will ask you for the pps number of both tenants, so if they don't ask for pps they are at a minimum slow to register and possibly will not register.

With a budget of 400 euro you will need to be outside Dublin. I recommend Longford county, as it has a good train link to Dublin city centre and I know that Longford town and Edgesworthtown are both relatively cheap, probably 300 per month for a one or two bed apt to suit a married couple and I see a 3 bed house for 350/month. Select county Longford (instead of Dublin) on daft.ie and then select Longford and Edgesworth and see what is available. (Don't bother with places like Ballymahon as they are not on the train line to Dublin). Don't rent a former council house (an old house), don't rent in an estate called Glenn Riada and try to rent through an estate agency as they will definitely register the tenancy.

I advise against the husband visiting the UK - it could raise the question that yours is not a valid marriage as you are not living together if he is in the UK for a month. If HIS parents were in the UK it would be fine, but very few men want to spend a month with the in-laws and leave their wife elsewhere. The suspicion will be that he is working in UK unlawfully and that there is no true marriage, so I think bad idea unless he is needed in UK cos for example someone is ill and has hospital record as proof of illness.
BL

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Sheffield,

Your wife needs to move to Ireland. She must either become a student or get work.

You may come with her to Ireland (you might need a visa but it is easy to get) and you may both stay for three months with no condition. You should both apply for a pps number as soon as you get to Ireland and a pps number for the baby also.

Then at the end of the three months the EU citizen (your wife) must have a job or be a student. It can be a small part time job but she must work. You then show her payslips as proof that she works and you get a visa (usually 5 years). She must continue to work, but it can be few hours and low pay. You can also work.

If either parent works the family gets Irish child benefit (130 euro per month).

If either parent works 20 hours or more than that per week you can apply for Family Income Supplement. You get this if the income is low.

If the income is low you can apply for a medical card (free medicine and doctor).

In Dublin there are more jobs, but the rent is expensive.

In other parts there are few jobs, but the rent is lower. It depends a little on what type of work you might be able to get, especially for the EU citizen, as the EU citizen must work.
BL

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Thank you Brigid from Ireland

We want to be in Dublin, as my husband has friends here and hes hoping to get a job here too. We don't need a house, maybe just a double room ensuite. How long would PRTB take? And drawing up a rental contract etc?

Also, if my husband were to go UK, we would go together so I don't think that would be a problem. Maybe, they might think he'll stay there but return tickets etc would prove that he won't.

When do you think we should submit the documents they have asked for? I'm assuming they want another month or so of bank statements and sales invoice etc because in Feb I hadn't actually done any sales. So 6 months would include August as well.
But renting a place and getting those docs might take a while.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:16 am

Also I just realised that the renting requirements have slashes in between like so; if renting; utility bills/bank statements/correspondence of Eu citizen and applicant.
So does that mean we need to submit all or just any?

sheffield
Newly Registered

Post by sheffield » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Hi Sheffield,

Your wife needs to move to Ireland. She must either become a student or get work.

You may come with her to Ireland (you might need a visa but it is easy to get) and you may both stay for three months with no condition. You should both apply for a pps number as soon as you get to Ireland and a pps number for the baby also.

Then at the end of the three months the EU citizen (your wife) must have a job or be a student. It can be a small part time job but she must work. You then show her payslips as proof that she works and you get a visa (usually 5 years). She must continue to work, but it can be few hours and low pay. You can also work.

If either parent works the family gets Irish child benefit (130 euro per month).

If either parent works 20 hours or more than that per week you can apply for Family Income Supplement. You get this if the income is low.

If the income is low you can apply for a medical card (free medicine and doctor).

In Dublin there are more jobs, but the rent is expensive.

In other parts there are few jobs, but the rent is lower. It depends a little on what type of work you might be able to get, especially for the EU citizen, as the EU citizen must work.
thank you 4 reply me
if my wife want 2 be self empolment what she need 2 do and if want come bk uk will they come check in the adress

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Jellybean,

I think you put the visa at risk if one or both spends time in the UK. A weekend would be fine (that is a short holiday, compatible with working in Ireland and quite reasonable) but if you spend a month in the UK during the first three months of your husband's stay in Ireland then you risk his visa. You give an excuse for it to be refused, and I think the chance of refusal would be high. I think that you should take no chance in the first three months. After that it will be easier.

Send the documents that you have, like an extra month of bank statements. It does not take long to rent a place, and I think if you have a rental contract and explain that the landlord is about to register with PTRB then that will be ok, and you can send the registration one month later, when you get it. So send the rental contract with the bank statements, and the registration one month later with bank statements for another month.

A lot of people do not want to rent with a married couple. Some people do not want to rent with foreigners, so it may be difficult to get what you want. In many houses the ensuite room belongs to the tenant who is there for the longest period of time, so I think that what you want is difficult to get. Best of luck with it.
BL

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Sheffield,

She must decide what skill she has to offer. Some ladies make craft work and sell it, like clothes for babies. Some work as self employed cleaners, especially if their English is poor. Some work as carers for old people or children. Some have computer skills and work in this area. So it depends on her skills.

Then she must do the paperwork. The paperwork is essential. So she writes to the Revenue (tax office) and asks for a form to complete, to state that she is self employed. When she completes this they will send her a letter to say she is self employed, and this letter is the first proof you need. Then they will want her bank statements. These will show some evidence of her work, depending on what type of work she does. So for example if she makes baby clothes, she has the cost of buying material/wool, and the profit from sales, and the money for both of these is in/out of her bank account. Or if she says she cleans houses they will ask for the address of the houses she cleans.

The address may be checked in a variety of ways. They may visit, and if you are not there they may ask the neighbours if you are often not there. They may ask the landlord if you are there or absent. They may ask for electricity readings, as you do not use electricity if you are not there, so if there is no electricity used this means the house is empty. If you have children they will very likely ask for a letter from the school to say that the children go to school regularly.
BL

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi Brigid

Thank you for your reply. We have applied for a visit family permit for travel in Nov, which is after 3 months so lets see what happens. I have been working (self employed) since Feb and he has a stamp 4 and a re-entry visa.

I will let you know how we get on. I have contacted a lot of people advertising on daft and gumtree etc but some have been taken and others don't reply.

I hope we find a place soon!

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:29 pm

I just wanted to ask if it was okay to move to Limerick? I would assume its okay but would we need to travel to Dublin to go to INIS when we get our resident card?
Any advice would be much appreciated!

loverboy2
Newly Registered

Post by loverboy2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi, if you start living in lumerick then first of all you will have to tell eu treaty rights section that your address is now of limerick and then have to send proof of that address.wen you get permanent stamp 4 on that address then you dont need to register in Dublin.you will go to local limerick immigration officer to get register

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Thank you for replying. My husband has already got a stamp 4 so will he need to get a new one on the new address?
So once we are there, we can go to the local garda? And if we are in Dublin, we can also go there right?
Just looking for a place to rent and trying to figure out what to do!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:04 am

It's OK he can keep his current Stamp 4 which should be marked as valid for 6 months.

However as soon as you move, do notify INIS of your new address to make sure you don't miss communication from them. And very importantly as soon as you have it, send them the lease/PTRB letter/utility bills with both names at that address.

Once they make a final decision and if it is positive, he will be able to get his 5 years Stamp 4 EU Fam in Limerick (if you are still living there).