ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC - supporting documents please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hyao
Newly Registered

RC - supporting documents please help

Post by hyao » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi there

Sorry in advance for the long-winded post...

I am about to submit my EEA1+ EEA2 application as unmarried partner (my partner is EEA national) and I have a few questions regarding the supporting documents that I urgently need some advices.

1. Can I highlight/make notes on the bank statements? I want to show that there have been regular transfers between me and my partner, and more importantly that we both pay rents to his sister (who lives with us and is the one paying rents to the landlady).

2. covering letters - I am thinking to prepare 3 covering letters: one from my partner, one from his sister, one from myself. In regards with the covering letter from his sister, mainly it is about to explain the nature of our tenancy agreement, that she is the one who signed the contract and is taking care of all the payments to the landlady. Do we need to explain why there are 3 of us but only her name on the contract? Could it be a negative factor for my application?

3. We start living together since July 2011 but he only changed his address with the bank in October 2011, and we only have both of our names on the council tax bill since October 2011(before that there was only my name). Therefore I am planning to use letters received from NHS (all dated from July 2011) to prove that we've been living together since July 2011, is it enough?

4. My partner’s company doesn't issue paper payslips so he has got a “proof of salary”, which has the start date of his contract, type of contract, annual salary and it’s printed on the headed letter. I also enclose a certified copy of his pass (he needs the pass for work so i cannot give the original). Will it be enough to prove that he is exercising his treaty right?

And finally here is my list of supporting documents, I will be extremely grateful if anyone finds that I missed something.

- council tax bill (since October 2011)
- joint bank account statement (opened in August 2013)
- mine and my partner’s bank statement
- My partner’s proof of salary and certified copy of his pass
- a collection of our pictures
- covering letters (one from my partner, one from his sister and one from myself)
- NHS letter and medical certificate, showing we lived under the same address.

Thank you for taking your time reading this post and thank you for any advice given!

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Is this a joint council tax since oct 2011?

hyao
Newly Registered

Post by hyao » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Imshzd wrote:Is this a joint council tax since oct 2011?
Yes it is. I know it's not far from now but I am planning to submit it by the end of September as I need to get it as early as possible so don't even want to wait for one day.

I hope it wouldn't be an issue?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:10 am

It's better to apply in oct as your joint council tax bill will prove your two years residency.