ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for UK Tourist

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam_84

Schengen Visa for UK Tourist

Post by Sam_84 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:08 am

Hi there

I am settled person in the UK (Indefinite Leave to remain). My fiancée is in Delhi (India) and we are getting married in November this year. After our marriage, I plan to bring her to the UK for a couple of months and then she will go back to India to continue her studies. On these grounds, I recently applied (in Delhi) for a Tourist visa for the UK for her and I successfully got it for 6 months (September to March). I now plan to bring my wife here in end of November until end of January. I should mention that my wife already has had a Schengen visa, which she got in July this year. After she comes to the UK we do have plans to go to Europe if we can. Her Schengen Visa has the following details. She has already spent around 7 days in Portugal this July.

Type of Visa - C
Validity – 13/07/2013 08/01/2014
Number of entries – MULT
Duration of stays – 10 days

My questions are –

• What do her Schengen visa details mean? Does it mean that she can only stay for 3 more days in Schengen countries (as she has already spent 7 out of 10 permitted days)? Or does it mean that the maximum number of stay she can do in any single visit is 10 days?
• If she can only stay for 3 days then I will need to apply for an another Schengen visa. Should I apply it from the UK or from India (where she currently is)? I am not sure if it makes sense to apply from India as she will be travelling from the UK and coming back to the UK?

Many thanks for taking your time to read and thanks in advance for any reply.

Sam

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Sam_84 wrote
Should I apply it from the UK or from India
Country of residence.

Sam_84

Schegen visa

Post by Sam_84 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 am

Thanks very much EUsmileWEallsmile

I have a follow-up question if you dont mind.

My fiancee already took a NOC letter from her university for UK Visa. That NOC letter stated that the college allows her to travel to the UK and grants her a leave of one month (full month of December). However, we were confident that even if the NOC was for 1 month, the UK Visa would be granted for 6 months and thats what happened :idea: . Now we have plans to go to Europe in January (from the UK) and January is outside the holiday period mentioned in the NOC letter submitted for UK visa. I was wondering if I can use the same NOC letter I used for UK visa, although it says UK in it? It is actually quite difficult to get the NOC letter again unfortunately. I am not too sure what to do now because I am aware that Schengen countries are very specific about their visa duration so they may just grant her visa for December (as stated in NOC letter), whereas we actually dont plan to go in December. Can you suggest what should I do?

Do we necessarily need a NOC letter from educational institute for Schengen?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what a NOC is. Could you clarify?

Sam_84

NOC

Post by Sam_84 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:52 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what a NOC is. Could you clarify?
NOC is a no-objection certificate from the employer or the educational institute stating that the organisation does not have any objection if their employee/student travels to country X and we have granted him leaves for Y number of days.

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 am

I don't see why a letter of no objection would be required. Contact an embassy if you are not sure.

Sam_84

Post by Sam_84 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:27 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I don't see why a letter of no objection would be required. Contact an embassy if you are not sure.