ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my visa today :)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mling1985
Newly Registered

Got my visa today :)

Post by mling1985 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:39 am

Hi guys, got my visa today

Applied on 17th September in Hong Kong using their priority service (200k route, previous visa: PSW)

Got email on 18th September saying visa decision is ready for collection

Picked it up today on the 19th.

Documents Submitted:

UK Bank letter saying I have access to 270k (HSBC)

UK Degree Certificate

HSBC UK Bank Statements

Self-made Business Plan using bplans.com format

Other details, I studied in the UK from 1999 to 2011, then switched to PSW, no employment history.

Investment fund was held in HK bank account before transfering it to the UK account.

Hope this help, if you have any questions, please let me know.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Got my visa today :)

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:09 pm

mling1985 wrote:Hi guys, got my visa today

Applied on 17th September in Hong Kong using their priority service (200k route, previous visa: PSW)

Thats what they are looking for.

Documents Submitted:

UK Degree Certificate

HSBC UK Bank Statements

Other details, I studied in the UK from 1999 to 2011, then switched to PSW, no employment history.

Investment fund was held in HK bank account before transfering it to the UK account.

logicalkhan
Newly Registered

Post by logicalkhan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Congrats,
You didn't need to worry in the 1st place cos you are citizen of a rich country. UKBA annoy only people like us who only try to do things the legal way to contribute in u.k economy. But the only reason is because we are citizens of poor countries. Our fault is that if we are allowed to work here that makes us to improve our families life back at home as well.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Congrats Mling1985!
logicalkhan wrote:Congrats,
You didn't need to worry in the 1st place cos you are citizen of a rich country. UKBA annoy only people like us who only try to do things the legal way to contribute in u.k economy. But the only reason is because we are citizens of poor countries. Our fault is that if we are allowed to work here that makes us to improve our families life back at home as well.
Thats a funny way to look at it. I do think the OP could have applied for ILR based on Long Residence (10 years) rather than tier 1! But hey like they say 'different strokes for different folks'. 8)
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

mkd1234

Post by mkd1234 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Hahaha,
let me respond you my friend, NHS-OP=**** up, software industry-OP=***** up, you tell me any field and I will show where these OP stands. 25000 for 1 person in a team as entrepreneur, do u think its really a big investment in 3 years?????

mling1985
Newly Registered

Post by mling1985 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks Khan, maybe ur right, i have friends from china having a really tough time with UKBA, its ridiculous.

mling1985
Newly Registered

Post by mling1985 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:Congrats Mling1985!
Thats a funny way to look at it. I do think the OP could have applied for ILR based on Long Residence (10 years) rather than tier 1! But hey like they say 'different strokes for different folks'. 8)
I m not sure about ILR based on long residence because i have spent way more time than 18 months out of the country. I m just glad I can stay in UK and do business

mling1985
Newly Registered

Post by mling1985 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:36 pm

mkd1234 wrote:Hahaha,
let me respond you my friend, NHS-OP=**** up, software industry-OP=***** up, you tell me any field and I will show where these OP stands. 25000 for 1 person in a team as entrepreneur, do u think its really a big investment in 3 years?????
no idea what u banging on about.

mkd1234

Post by mkd1234 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:49 pm

My response is to choc ice........

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:07 pm

mkd1234 wrote:Hahaha,
Like the poster said 'I have no IDEA what your banging on about'...Can you elaborate? :shock:
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

desibabu

Post by desibabu » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Congrats

Dumbaa

Post by Dumbaa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:55 am

Documents Submitted:

UK Degree Certificate

HSBC UK Bank Statements

Congrats....

One Questions: Didnt they ask you where did u get the money from..??

They refused my application with the reason that i didnt submit the proof of the funds held in uk for more then 2 yrs...

I am confused now that how can i show them the proof that its my own money and is in bank for over 2 yrs time.

I guess they think i borrowed £200k from someone in uk to get this visa for over 2 yrs....stupid reason...

mling1985
Newly Registered

Post by mling1985 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Dumbaa wrote:

Documents Submitted:

UK Degree Certificate

HSBC UK Bank Statements

Congrats....

One Questions: Didnt they ask you where did u get the money from..??

They refused my application with the reason that i didnt submit the proof of the funds held in uk for more then 2 yrs...

I am confused now that how can i show them the proof that its my own money and is in bank for over 2 yrs time.

I guess they think i borrowed £200k from someone in uk to get this visa for over 2 yrs....stupid reason...
They didn't ask me anything, all i did was submit the documents and there was no interview.

The money was held in my bank account in HK for a couple of years (Didint show proof) and was transferred to my UK bank account 2 weeks before my application. I have shown them receipts of the transactions to show money was sent from my Hong Kong bank account to my UK bank account tho.

From my understanding, the investment money doesn't have to be in the account for a certain period of time, technically you can transfer the money in the day before your application.

Hope this help

Lola22

Got my visa today

Post by Lola22 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 am

mling1985,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is great news.