ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wanting to move from Canada to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Belomor123
Newly Registered

Wanting to move from Canada to UK

Post by Belomor123 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:58 am

Hello,

I have been interested in moving to UK from Canada for quite some time now, but was finishing off my studies here before I would do any moving. I have been looking through the border agency website and have learned that I should get either a Tier 1 (General) Visa to work there or have an employer who is willing to sponsor me. Tier 1 seems to be closed to new applicants (correct me if I am wrong) and finding an employer willing to sponsor seems like a shot in the dark.

Are these the only options for me? Or is it possible for me to move into UK by some other means?

A little about me: I was born in Russia and moved to Canada at age of 14. Currently 27 years old with a Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering and just graduated as a Commercial Pilot. For the next two years I am working at the flight college I graduated from and am looking at all the options of how to move to UK. Will be visiting UK in a few months to see what it is like but my heart is pretty set on that country, has been for a few years now. My concern is how can I move in there and obtain legal right to work and live in UK. I also want to continue my flying career there but I know all about how to convert the license and will start doing it online shortly, that is not of concern.

If you have any ideas or thoughts on how to move to UK please advise, it will be greatly appreciated.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi Belomor123,

Nice to know that you are looking to move to UK, wonder why? People from UK want to move to Canada or Australia etc.

Getting a pilot job in UK is not easy, lots of unemployed pilots here and salary is not as good as US or other countries. Try to get a job first and see if they get you work permit tier-2 (I think).

For Aerospace engineer, we have here GE aircraft, Rolls royce, Airbus and few other aircraft maintenance companies you can try applying for jobs from directly their website. See what response you get and based on that decide if you really want to move.

Psychologically you may feel bit congested here compared to open space in Canada.

If you like culture, arts and hustle-bustle life then you are welcome here.

Good Luck.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 pm

You could come to the UK on the YMS for 2 years if you are Canadian and 30 or under.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-imm ... ityscheme/

You would be free to work and live in the UK for 2 years.