ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull 20-Sep-2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

ILR Success at Solihull 20-Sep-2013

Post by khurramalvi » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:29 pm

It’s my time to rise and shine and share my ILR PEO experience at Solihull on 20-Sep-2013.

I preferred to park in John Lewis which is 10 minutes away from PEO, extremely easy access to both PEO and shopping center.

Street view

I was on Tier1 (General) throughout, no conviction or dependants, employed and applied under rules before 6 April 2010.

Below is my visa history:
Visa granted: 16-Oct-2008
Entered first in UK: 3-Dec-2008
Extension granted: 23-Nov-2012
Visa expiry: 23-Nov-2013

First of all I would like to thank this forum and everybody who replied to my questions and ease the process of ILR. Secondly to polite and friendly UKBA staff at Solihull.

Booked an appointment for 9:00AM and reached 30 minutes before appointment for security checks. On the security check counter they will ask you to empty pockets for e.g. take out wallet, key, fobs, coins, etc… and put them on the tray.

Once security checks are ok, they will ask you for PEO receipt (which is basically postal letter you receive from UKBA on registering online appointment). After then they will register you for PEO service in their internal system and ask you to take a seat.

In few minutes a person will come to you and give you a ticket number along with the PEO welcome leaflet explaining what will happen today. Soon they will start calling ticket number (it will also appear on the big LCD screen) and ask to go to a desk number.

On the desk, UKBA staff will ask you for application form; check it quickly by turning pages (they check if form is filled fully). They might ask you for the cover pages of passport and give you a consent form (that you know immigration law) to read and sign it. Once you sign it, staff will ask you to wait in the waiting room for biometrics. In this stage your case is registered for the biometrics enrollment.

After few minutes your ticket number will be announce again for biometric registration on the desk number 9 and after biometrics your case will be registered for the PEO consideration. All stages will appear on the big LCD screen.

In 30 minutes a person will come and say that you can wait or come after 2 hours. I went out for shopping to grab Solihull bargains :)

After an hour and half I received call from them on mobile to visit PEO.

TIP: Don’t forget to charge your mobile on the night before you plan to visit PEO.

All went through fine and a member of staff smile and congrats me on success.

Happy days :)

List of documents:

Compulsory

• SET (O) Form
• 2x Recent photographs with full name written on the back of each

Evidence of English and Life In The UK
• Life in the UK test pass notification letter

Evidence of Absence
• Letter from employers for both business and personal leaves

Evidence of leave or permission to stay
• Current and previous passport
• Biometric Residence Permit

• Self Assessment Summary

Evidence of Previous Earning
• 12 month payslips
• 12 month bank statements

Evidence of Qualification
• Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or Certificate was provided with a previous Tier 1 (General) application

Evidence of Age
• Passport

Evidence of UK Experience
• Appointment letter from employer

Optional

• Driving Licence
• Counter Part
• Medium of Instruction letter
• 5 years P60 letter from HMRC
• UK NARIC letter
• BCOM degree and transcript
• MBA degree and transcript
• Biometric letter from Post Office
• Funds maintenance letter from bank

Copies

• Current passport
• Previous passport
• 12 month payslips
• Driving Licence
• Counter Part
• UK NARIC letter
• Itinerary

Download letter and documents:
http://mab.to/qTWigk5jn
The link will expire in 14 days, download it before it's gone.

General questions asked in this forum:

Q1. 90 days concession period - When I am eligible for ILR? The date visa was granted or when I first entered in UK?
In my case visa was granted on 16-Oct-2008 and entered first in UK on 3-Dec-2008. I applied for ILR on 20-Sep-2013 which is 26 days before 16-Oct-2013.

Q2. How can I provide evidence of absence during unemployment?
In my case I haven’t provide any evidence of 42 days absence during unemployment. No questions were asked by UKBA staff either. I totally agree with seniors that if you are absent less than 180 days in a year then you don’t need to worry about it. However, I got letter from the current employer showing last year absence.

Q3. What should I write in section 5 - YOUR HOME AND FINANCES?
I have written Company name under income source, monthly in intervals and NET Salary (Salary after deduction) in the amount column. Total is same as NET Salary.

Q4. What should I write in Social cultural or family ties point 7.12 and page number 20?
Copied from another post.

Country Name - Family Ties - Country of Birth. Parents, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, In-laws and some Friends live there.
UK - Family Ties – Wife, sister and friends live here.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Last edited by khurramalvi on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

closer25

Re: ILR Success at Solihull 20-Sep-2013

Post by closer25 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:09 pm

khurramalvi wrote:It’s my time to rise and shine and share my ILR PEO experience at Solihull on 20-Sep-2013.

I preferred to park in John Lewis which is 10 minutes away from PEO, extremely easy access to both PEO and shopping center.

Street view

I was on Tier1 (General) throughout, no conviction or dependants, employed and applied under rules before 6 April 2010.

Below is my visa history:
Visa granted: 16-Oct-2008
Entered first in UK: 3-Dec-2008
Extension granted: 23-Nov-2012
Visa expiry: 23-Nov-2013

First of all I would like to thank this forum and everybody who replied to my questions and ease the process of ILR. Secondly to polite and friendly UKBA staff at Solihull.

Booked an appointment for 9:00AM and reached 30 minutes before appointment for security checks. On the security check counter they will ask you to empty pockets for e.g. take out wallet, key, fobs, coins, etc… and put them on the tray.

Once security checks are ok, they will ask you for PEO receipt (which is basically postal letter you receive from UKBA on registering online appointment). After then they will register you for PEO service in their internal system and ask you to take a seat.

In few minutes a person will come to you and give you a ticket number along with the PEO welcome leaflet explaining what will happen today. Soon they will start calling ticket number (it will also appear on the big LCD screen) and ask to go to a desk number.

On the desk, UKBA staff will ask you for application form; check it quickly by turning pages (they check if form is filled fully). They might ask you for the cover pages of passport and give you a consent form (that you know immigration law) to read and sign it. Once you sign it, staff will ask you to wait in the waiting room for biometrics. In this stage your case is registered for the biometrics enrollment.

After few minutes your ticket number will be announce again for biometric registration on the desk number 9 and after biometrics your case will be registered for the PEO consideration. All stages will appear on the big LCD screen.

In 30 minutes a person will come and say that you can wait or come after 2 hours. I went out for shopping to grab Solihull bargains :)

After an hour and half I received call from them on mobile to visit PEO.

TIP: Don’t forget to charge your mobile on the night before you plan to visit PEO.

All went through fine and a member of staff smile and congrats me on success.

Happy days :)

List of documents:

Compulsory

• SET (O) Form
• 2x Recent photographs with full name written on the back of each

Evidence of English and Life In The UK

Evidence of Absence

Evidence of leave or permission to stay
• Current and previous passport

• 12 month payslips

Evidence of Qualification
• Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or Certificate was provided with a previous Tier 1 (General) application

Evidence of Age
• Passport

Evidence of UK Experience

Optional

• Driving Licence
• Counter Part
• UK NARIC letter

Copies

• Current passport
• Previous passport
• 12 month payslips
• Driving Licence
• Counter Part
• UK NARIC letter
• Itinerary

Download letter and documents:
http://mab.to/t3n3Y35Cu
The link will expire in 14 days, download it before it's gone.

General questions asked in this forum:

Q1. 90 days concession period - When I am eligible for ILR? The date visa was granted or when I first entered in UK?
In my case visa was granted on 16-Oct-2008 and entered first in UK on 3-Dec-2008. I applied for ILR on 20-Sep-2013 which is 26 days before 16-Oct-2008.

Q2. How can I provide evidence of absence during unemployment?
In my case I haven’t provide any evidence of 42 days absence during unemployment. No questions were asked by UKBA staff either. I totally agree with seniors that if you are absent less than 180 days in a year then you don’t need to worry about it. However, I got letter from the current employer showing last year absence.

Q3. What should I write in section 5 - YOUR HOME AND FINANCES?
I have written Company name under income source, monthly in intervals and NET Salary (Salary after deduction) in the amount column. Total is same as NET Salary.

Q4. What should I write in Social cultural or family ties point 7.12 and page number 20?
Copied from another post.

Country Name - Family Ties - Country of Birth. Parents, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, In-laws and some Friends live there.
UK - Family Ties – Wife, sister and friends live here.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Congrats on this success.................. I will commend you for such an indepth knowledge on what happened and all the document listed especially the attached documents you supplied, that's very kind of you taking time to provide all the information. thanks for that. once again congrats and enjoy your ilr :)

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks!

himpa

Post by himpa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 pm

congrats, previously only £100 payment was needed to book the appointment, now I can see they ask for full payment is this true?

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Yes indeed, you need to pay full fee.

Srieuk

Post by Srieuk » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 pm

khurramalvi wrote:Yes indeed, you need to pay full fee.
Thanks for update but can you please clarify how to fill payment section in aplication form when full fee was paid during appointment booking. I got appointment on 30sept in Cryodon and full fee while booking appointment.

And can you clarify what did tick in application for evidence of abscenses?
I have 54 abcenses in total from first arrival date(89 days late aarival) please advise how to explain this?

Thanks,
Sri

Saialt
Newly Registered

Post by Saialt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:50 am

Congrats for your ILR.

Could you pl help to answer following queries

Applying for ILR tier 2 and has following queries

1 payments
Recently ukba has started taking complete fee for in person appointment and I have paid as I have appointment next week. Now the in the form Payment details - what should I fill ? Card no,card details? As the payment is already made

2.section 5- home and finances
What should I fill for ? Current rate of pay per hour ? Rate of pay per annum? Nos of hrs this salary based on ? Nos of weekly hrs ?
Salary is based on per annum and have soc code however ukba expects all details to filled and must
Also what's to filled in for - pay each month ? As it varies month on month due variables

3.section 6 - immigration history
What's travel document ? Obviously passport and BRP card is there
What to be fill in 6.9, 6.10 & 6.11 as these are questions for crown dependecies? Never been there

4.section 7 personal history
What to fill in section 7.12 ? Country and social ties where you were born and lived for 5 years

Section 10 biometric resident permit
Give details when your fingerprints were taken ?doe I mention only date ?
Give details where fingerprints are taken ?

Section 12 - request for verification checks
I have joint account with my spouse. Should I provide her details for verifications ?

Docs required
For spouse, They are asking for evidences for cohabitation for 2 years and it has to be for whole period ?
Will council tax receipt will be okay ? She has separate bank account but statement are only for few months? Will that be okay? Will Nhs letter be okay ?

Can someone suggest on my queries ? I have appointment next week and your response would be of great help

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:55 am

Thanks for update but can you please clarify how to fill payment section in aplication form when full fee was paid during appointment booking. I got appointment on 30sept in Cryodon and full fee while booking appointment.
Just tick the right fee box and select nothing in how are you paying section.

And can you clarify what did tick in application for evidence of abscenses?
I have 54 abcenses in total from first arrival date(89 days late aarival) please advise how to explain this?
I got absence letter from the current employer for last year absence, so I ticked 'letter from employer explaining detail reasoning. For the absence I had in previous years I didn't give any evidence or explanation.

Natedogg
Newly Registered

Post by Natedogg » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:03 am

Congratulations man! Did you have any trouble booking PEO appointment? I've heard it can be a real nightmare but note that it appears a lot easier now

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:13 am

1 payments
Recently ukba has started taking complete fee for in person appointment and I have paid as I have appointment next week. Now the in the form Payment details - what should I fill ? Card no,card details? As the payment is already made
I explained it above.

2.section 5- home and finances
What should I fill for ? Current rate of pay per hour ? Rate of pay per annum? Nos of hrs this salary based on ? Nos of weekly hrs ?
Salary is based on per annum and have soc code however ukba expects all details to filled and must
Also what's to filled in for - pay each month ? As it varies month on month due variables
Follow what I mentioned above in my original post above. To explain hourly based condition, here is the draft you can put in extra box underneath the Home and finance table.
Income Source: (COMPANY NAME)
Amount (weekly): The (weekly) wages varies depending on overtime etc
and therefore I have written an average figure based on the last 12 months pay.

3.section 6 - immigration history
What's travel document ? Obviously passport and BRP card is there
What to be fill in 6.9, 6.10 & 6.11 as these are questions for crown dependecies? Never been there
No need to mention anything under crown dependencies. Leave the section blank.

4.section 7 personal history
What to fill in section 7.12 ? Country and social ties where you were born and lived for 5 years
Follow what I mentioned above in my original post above.

Section 10 biometric resident permit
Give details when your fingerprints were taken ?doe I mention only date ?
Give details where fingerprints are taken?
I mentioned all details and attached original and copy of T1 (G) biometric letter.

Section 12 - request for verification checks
I have joint account with my spouse. Should I provide her details for verifications ?
No idea senior may help

Docs required
For spouse, They are asking for evidences for cohabitation for 2 years and it has to be for whole period ?
Will council tax receipt will be okay ? She has separate bank account but statement are only for few months? Will that be okay? Will Nhs letter be okay ?
Follow this post.

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:15 am

I booked PEO appointment 40 days prior to visa date and able to see most of the slots.
Natedogg wrote:Congratulations man! Did you have any trouble booking PEO appointment? I've heard it can be a real nightmare but note that it appears a lot easier now

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 am

Congrats mate! When you pay online, was there option to break payment and pay by credit card?

I need to pay around £2600 for main + 1 dependant. Is it possible to pay this amount using two credit cards as i do not have enough credit limit on it?

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 am

No idea, may be seniors can help. I paid fee in one go.
sheraz_aries wrote:Congrats mate! When you pay online, was there option to break payment and pay by credit card?

I need to pay around £2600 for main + 1 dependant. Is it possible to pay this amount using two credit cards as i do not have enough credit limit on it?

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 am

No idea, may be seniors can help. I paid fee in one go.
sheraz_aries wrote:Congrats mate! When you pay online, was there option to break payment and pay by credit card?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:09 am

You need to contact world pay and ask they if they can facilitate a payment with 2 cards.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 am

D4109125 wrote:You need to contact world pay and ask they if they can facilitate a payment with 2 cards.
what you mean by word pay? please clarify further.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:20 am

World pay (click) administer the payment system.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:26 am

D4109125 wrote:World pay (click) administer the payment system.
I was after other user experiences.

Srieuk

Post by Srieuk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:27 am

Hi,

Downloaded your documents they are really useful, thanks for help.
But could you clarify for ILR application do maintenance funds needed to be shown? I see in your cover letter you have mentioned about it?

Best regards,
Sri

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 am

There is no requirement of maintenance funds for ILR but it did to be on safe side.
Srieuk wrote:Hi,

But could you clarify for ILR application do maintenance funds needed to be shown? I see in your cover letter you have mentioned about it?

Best regards,
Sri

autocrazy

Post by autocrazy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 pm

khurramalvi wrote: • Self Assessment Summary

• 12 month payslips
Hi Could you confirm if they ask for the last bank statement and salary statement to be less than 30 days old?

I am asking because I shall be applying on 4th October but the 12 month salary statement period I shall show is from Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 and the Bank Statement shall be from 4th Sep 2012 to 3rd Sep 2013. Basically not the last salary (Sep 2013) or last Bank statement (4th Sep 2013 to 3rd October 2013). Will this be a problem?

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:44 pm

I showed salary from Sep 2012 - Aug 2013.

Any period within 15 months will fulfil the requirement. You should be okay with Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 bank statement and payslips for the October application.
autocrazy wrote:

• 12 month payslips
Hi Could you confirm if they ask for the last bank statement and salary statement to be less than 30 days old?

I am asking because I shall be applying on 4th October but the 12 month salary statement period I shall show is from Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 and the Bank Statement shall be from 4th Sep 2012 to 3rd Sep 2013. Basically not the last salary (Sep 2013) or last Bank statement (4th Sep 2013 to 3rd October 2013). Will this be a problem?

autocrazy

Post by autocrazy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:48 pm

khurramalvi wrote:I showed salary from Sep 2012 - Aug 2013.

Any period within 15 months will fulfil the requirement. You should be okay with Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 bank statement and payslips for the October application.
autocrazy wrote:

• 12 month payslips

Thanks for your prompt reply - much appreciated.
Could you specify for clarity your bank account statement dates - you see if yours were under 30 days old they may be fine, but if it exceeds more than 30 days they are likely to kick a fuss?

Srieuk

Post by Srieuk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm

khurramalvi wrote:There is no requirement of maintenance funds for ILR but it did to be on safe side.
Srieuk wrote:Hi,

Best regards,
Sri
Thank you very much for quick clarification in time. Great!

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 pm

1-Sep-2012 till 30-Aug-2013.

You are getting worried about nothing. Read the SET (O) guidance for more clarification.
autocrazy wrote:
khurramalvi wrote:I showed salary from Sep 2012 - Aug 2013.

autocrazy wrote:

• 12 month payslips

Thanks for your prompt reply - much appreciated.
Could you specify for clarity your bank account statement dates - you see if yours were under 30 days old they may be fine, but if it exceeds more than 30 days they are likely to kick a fuss?