ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Tax Evidence for spouse working as secretary

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

utopia
Newly Registered

Question on Tax Evidence for spouse working as secretary

Post by utopia » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 am

Hi,

I an due to apply for British citizenship for myself and my family soon. I work as an IT contractor through my own public limited company of which I am the director and my wife a company secretary. We have both been drawing regular salaries from this company (minimum amounts)

Though my wife has a UK national insurance number, she has always been a housewife with no income so far other than the minimum salary she has been receiving as company secretary of our public limited company. She has been receiving this salary since Jan 2013

For our citizenship application, I know that as directory of a public limited company, I will be required to furnish "Evidence of tax for self-employed applicants" which will be the most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account.

My question is, do I need to supply any kind of tax return / self assessment evidence for my wife as well? Do I need to get her self-assessment done?

Regards

Utopia

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:23 am

Just supply the UTR number.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.