ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner of Settled person, which form to use?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pashish1
Newly Registered

Partner of Settled person, which form to use?

Post by pashish1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi,

I joined my husband(Tier 1 General) to the UK in April 2013 on a Tier-1 Dependant visa.

Our VISA's expire in December 2013.

My husband will apply for ILR in November 2013 from PEO.

Subject to him getting his Settlement, I am confused as to what form shall I use to make my application for extension of stay.

I came across UKBA page Can you Apply page as follows:

Can you apply?

This section is for those who applied for, or are applying for, leave to enter or leave to remain as a partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here.

You cannot apply for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain in a partner category if your last leave was as the partner of a former points-based system migrant who:

is settled in the UK and was granted settlement as a points-based system migrant; or
has British citizenship having been granted settlement as a points-based system migrant.

Instead, you must apply as a dependant under the relevant category of points-based system.

What form shall I use to make my application?

please help ...

thxs

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pashish1
Newly Registered

Post by pashish1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks very much. So does this mean I can switch to FLR(M) ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:27 pm

It may be better extending as a PBS dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.