ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk born baby tier 1 dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainyhope
Newly Registered

Uk born baby tier 1 dependent

Post by rainyhope » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi, I am applying for a tier 1 dependent visa for my new born baby as I need to travel with her. The bank issued me bank statements for 3 months but these are on regular paper and don't have the banks name or logo. They do however have my name, account number and date. The bank also gave me a letter on their letterhead that confirms the attached statements are authentic. The exact language is:

Dear xxx,

Account number: xxxx
Letter date: xxx

We can confirm that these statements attached are a copy of the original statements. Sheet numbers enclosed are xxx.

My question:

Do you think the plain statements supported with this letter will suffice for the dependent application to prove maintenance funds?

Thanks in advance to any expert on this forum who can help!

Cheers

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Ask them to sign and seal. Its good to have accompanying letter but standard says it should be signed and sealed.

rainyhope
Newly Registered

Post by rainyhope » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 pm

I asked them, they refused (said they had new protocol in place and can't sign and stamp statements anymore, whether printed online or from bank). They wouldn't give me a standard maintenance fund letter either! Quite uncooperative but that's another story. What should I do??

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Try in another branch. Ask them to print them on bank's official stationary(i.e. with bank logo )

rainyhope
Newly Registered

Post by rainyhope » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Ok will do that...meanwhile I have ordered bank statements via post as well. These will have my name, account number, bank logo, transactions panning over 3 months. If I get these in time (it took a month to get them when I had applied for my own extension last year!), will this suffice?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:09 pm

rainyhope wrote:(it took a month to get them when I had applied for my own extension last year!)
Month!!!!
Who do you bank with ?

Param

rainyhope
Newly Registered

Post by rainyhope » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:37 am

Yes! They sent 12 months in twelve envelops and I received two way after the application appt. Let me not name and shame, but I do plan to officially complain about their service and switch banks. However, my current problem remains :( you think the statements that I have ordered (containing information as stated above) will suffice?

rainyhope
Newly Registered

Post by rainyhope » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Panam,

I went to two other branches, and the final one gave me the statements on their letterhead :) Thanks for the tip!

I was reading other posts on this forum on what people have submitted for a tier 1 dependent application and I just want to make sure I have everything I need...These are the docs I am submitting for application from within UK:

1. Application form, duly filled and signed.
2. Application fee (as per new PEO system, already paid at time of getting appt online!).
3. Photograph(s) - 2 (with full name on back).
4. Copy of personal details pages of my passport (as the main Tier 1 migrant).
5. A copy of my BRP.
6. Birth certificate.
7. 90 day bank statement to show maintenance funds.
8. Baby's passport.

I hope that is it?? Would be very grateful if someone confirmed for me if I have everything I need? Thanks in advance!!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:24 pm

All look good. Best of luck.