ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension...Please advise

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Visa Extension...Please advise

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:23 am

Hi All,

And finally my wife joined me here in Dublin yesterday and the Immigration officer at Dublin airport issued her 1 month visa and told her to register yourself in Burgh Quey office.

Could any one please tell me what documents are required to extend her visa ? A comrehensive list would be greatly appreciated.

e.g.
what documents are required for me to provide to extend her visa ? and what documents are required from her to help to extend her visa.

P.S. I am on LTR

Thanks in advance.
Calvin

Love211

Re: Visa Extension...Please advise

Post by Love211 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:08 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi All,

And finally my wife joined me here in Dublin yesterday and the Immigration officer at Dublin airport issued her 1 month visa and told her to register yourself in Burgh Quey office.

Could any one please tell me what documents are required to extend her visa ? A comrehensive list would be greatly appreciated.

e.g.
what documents are required for me to provide to extend her visa ? and what documents are required from her to help to extend her visa.

P.S. I am on LTR

Thanks in advance.
Calvin

Where are you from ?? and what visa she have when she come to ireland

Love211

Re: Visa Extension...Please advise

Post by Love211 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:09 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi All,

e.g.

P.S. I am on LTR

Thanks in advance.
Calvin

Where are you from ?? and what visa she have when she come to ireland

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 pm

We both are from Philippines. I am on LTR and she got spouse visa, we are married

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:38 am

1. She needs to get a pps number. You should go together to the social welfare office that issues these (not all social welfare offices do this work) and take your passport, her passport, your original marriage certificate, and evidence of address (eg a phone bill in the name of husband or wife). It is better if the evidence of address is in the name of your wife, so sometimes people add the name of the wife to the bank account, and then the bank gives you a statement addressed to both spouses, so your wife has proof of address in her own name.

2. To extend the visa she needs her pps number (see above) and your payslips and both passports and you go together to the office so that they know her husband supports her application for an extension on her visa.

That is what I think she needs, someone else may know more about this.
BL