ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

anyone was stopped at the border for passport problem???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alish60

anyone was stopped at the border for passport problem???

Post by Alish60 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 pm

I was naturalized as a British citizen 4 months ago and had my British passport in July 2013. I travelled abroad a month ago and came back to the UK after a month yesterday. At the Stansted airport I was told there is some issues with my passport, I was stopped for 15 minute by the UKBA Officer for more checks to be done.it wasn't obly me, another guy who was British since April 2013 was stopped too. After checks I was allowed to enter the country when I asked the officer about the cause, he said I have been refused for fiance vusa once and that is why I was doubled check.i can't believe that was the reason because that was long time ago, and after that I came to this country on spouse visa and after that had ILR.One of the guy who was stopped by them said this is because our passports are new and they have not got the record so they are checking the passport.anyone experienced the same trouble first time entering uk after naturalization?
Thanks

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:42 am

Instance 1 : my uncle was travelling back from pakistan they stopped him there claiming u have fake passport. they called BHC & they immediately sent somebody to verify that fhe passport is genuine which is was he was allowed to travel on

instance 2 : Friend of my arrived on his 1st British passport 1st time he was held at UK Border Control for 20 minutes as they were going through his previous "travel file" & marrying that to his new passport after a short wait he was let in

dont worry they got to do what they got to do to protect UK borders.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 am

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: anyone was stopped at the border for passport problem???

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:51 am

it is nothing to do with your current passport ; i think it's for everyone. i was refused student visa 10 years ago but still they ask me why i was refused and they always hold me for 5/10 min. i am used to it so i really don't care
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi,

Did you not make use of e-passport gate facility?