ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 - Can i use a loan letter....UEGENT

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

TIER 4 - Can i use a loan letter....UEGENT

Post by Abdulw87 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 pm

hi

i was reading the guidelines provided by the UKBA for maintenance of funds, i have paid one installment of my fees and will start university next week,

Q...can i use a loan letter from my country of origin to prove maintenance of funds when applying from within UK.

Q...My father is paying for my tuition fees so should the loan letter be in his name or mine.

Q...For a bank statement the money should stay in the account for a minimum of 28 consecutive days, does the same rule some how applies to the loan letter condition as well.

Q...Are there any supporting documents i need to provide along with my loan letter.

Thanks in advance for all the help you will provide.

Abdul

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:06 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nce/money/

Letter from a financial institution confirming a loan

The financial institution must be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) (and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) where applicable) for the provision of student loans or, in the case of overseas accounts, the home regulator. (This is the official regulator for the country where the institution is and where the money is held.)

The loan letter must be dated no more than six months before the date of your application, and must show:

your name;
the date of the letter;
the financial institution's name and logo; and
the money (or funds) available as a loan.

Loans held in the name(s) of your parents(s) or legal guardian cannot be used as evidence of money held by you.
[/size]
There must be no conditions on the release of the loan funds to you, other than your making a successful Tier 4 application.

If you are applying from overseas, the loan funds must be available to you before you travel to the UK, unless the loan:

is an academic/student loan from your country's national government; and
will be released to you by your national government or your Tier 4 education provider when you arrive in the UK.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS