ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal/Dependent Visa Application - Delay/On Hold

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sumairc
United Kingdom

Spousal/Dependent Visa Application - Delay/On Hold

Post by sumairc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 pm

I Applied for my Wife and Daughters Visa on 22nd of April 2013 and have not heard since then. It has been more than 5 months.

I am told that many applications are put on hold; due to the high court case going on in UK regarding minimum income threshold category.

My Questions is if the case is put on hold do they inform the applicant that the application is put on hold or we just have to keep waiting ? Can anyone please share.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:30 pm

You'll get told.

So if you haven't heard anything - I'd chase it up.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm

MPH80 wrote:You'll get told.

So if you haven't heard anything - I'd chase it up.
How would you go about chasing it up, as i have emailed, called and had my MP involved but i just keep getting told to wait!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Then it sounds like you've done all you can.

If it's in progress - it's in progress.

julie1966
Newly Registered

Post by julie1966 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:33 pm

MPH80 wrote:Then it sounds like you've done all you can.

My husband received an email saying his application was on hold because of the financial requirements not being met, but was told that if any further information was available it would be considered and if suitable a visa would be issued, if none was sent then it would stay on hold pending the outcome from the high courts and could take several months.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:48 pm

julie1966 wrote:
MPH80 wrote:Then it sounds like you've done all you can.

My husband received an email saying his application was on hold because of the financial requirements not being met, but was told that if any further information was available it would be considered and if suitable a visa would be issued, if none was sent then it would stay on hold pending the outcome from the high courts and could take several months.
When was your husband told??
Did he receive an email?

sumairc
United Kingdom

Post by sumairc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:08 am

Thank you Everyone for your kind responses.

So basically if we have'nt heard anything regarding from BHC if it is on hold then it is not? till we are told? I did all I can to chase it up. Emailed them, apparently all they do is send a standard response back stating that it is still in process.

Nor I neither my wife received any email. Recently I got in touch with the local MP then someone from his team got in touch with home office they were told the same thing that it is in process.

24 Weeks are due to over in the next few days lets see if we get a response by then.

What more we can do ?