ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement for Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irfanb00

Settlement for Parents

Post by irfanb00 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Dear forum,

My wife and I have just managed to get UK citizenship.

My mother still lives in India but because she is too old to look after herself, I would like bring her to this country for settlement. I do have an elder brother in India who is looking after her but because of his family extending it is getting difficult for him to manage everything.

Is there any provision within UKBA for my mother to get an ILR on the basis of my status here?

Many thanks for your help.

Irfan

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Not possible. The requirements are based on physical mobility but even if she were unable to perform basic tasks such as cooking and cleaning, you can easily hire a person to do this for her.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:16 pm

It's not just physical it can be a mental health issues as well (i.e. neglect). If for example she had dementia it might be reasonable to suggest that she required your support as she is 'scared' of anyone else. Thus, you would be the only one able to provide support.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks both

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:57 pm

U have to prove that u can support her for five years.

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Just a quick question will it mean not dependent on nhs coz obviously some one at that stage might need hospital treatment or doctors appointment .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:27 am

An undertaking relates to public funds not nhs treatment.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:51 am

Hi All,
Sorry to come in middle of this thread , but my case is also quite close to this. My parents are aged Father -66 and Mother-56. My family have ILR , hoping to apply for BC early next year and my Sister family living in UK have Tier 1 (dep). My mother fell and have fractured her finger in her leg.Doctors have asked her to take rest, but since she has to take care of everything at home she could not rest and its more than 8 months now , still she is not able to walk properly , pain is also there. My brother lives and works far away from home town. I am really concerned about her health and wish my parents to be with me. Is it possible to show this problem in her leg and get them ILR or after my BC can we get them ILR/Bc ? as Myself and Sister live here? or since my brother in India, not much chances ? Please let me know the options .
Kind regards
Raj

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:39 am

If she has just broke a toe you'll have no chance basically. But you could consider the Surinder Singh route when you're British.