ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Refusal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soma7474

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Refusal

Post by soma7474 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:52 pm

One of my friends applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa from Pakistan and he was refused. one of the refusal issue is as follows :

.....you have previously been in UK for a period of 15 months, and you have confirmed that during this period you were studying ACCA at London School of Business and Finance and did not obtain any formal qualification. In light of your inabality to obtain an academic qualification on your last stay in the UK and the lack of documentation demonstrating your stated business here i do not consider it plausible that you have the skills or capabalities to invest or run a business in the UK as outlined. In light of all this and based on the documents provided and the statement made at the interview i am not satisfied that your business proposal is viable or credible...........

i have consulted the UKBA guidance and i could not find this refusal ground relevant any where....?

GURU please comment ........? :roll: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:57 pm

You need to post the complete text rather than this edited snippet. Pethaps it would be better if your friend did this for himself.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Refusal

Post by MTZ510 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:01 pm

soma7474 wrote:One of my friends applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa from Pakistan and he was refused. one of the refusal issue is as follows :

.....you have previously been in UK for a period of 15 months, and you have confirmed that during this period you were studying ACCA at London School of Business and Finance and did not obtain any formal qualification. In light of your inabality to obtain an academic qualification on your last stay in the UK and the lack of documentation demonstrating your stated business here i do not consider it plausible that you have the skills or capabalities to invest or run a business in the UK as outlined. In light of all this and based on the documents provided and the statement made at the interview i am not satisfied that your business proposal is viable or credible...........

i have consulted the UKBA guidance and i could not find this refusal ground relevant any where....?

I am not a GURU but here are my two cents. They have given lot of powers under the disguise of genuine entrepreneur test. You have to convince the interviewer that you are genuine entrepreneur and you weren't successful.

Were u relying on 3rd party funds ?

May be AR will help.

Best of Luck.

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:03 pm

the funds were in his account, not third party

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:10 pm

here is the complete refusal

Post by top » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 pm

it is not everything to do with refusal you stated in your 1st text that ACCA being incomplete caused a refusal looking at your refusal it tails a different story as they do not refuse an application with a single reason talking on ACCA too is one of those reasons to support their refusal and grounds.

point raised by entry ECO are based up on assumptions and only need documented evidence to be resolved.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:00 pm

soma7474 wrote:here is the complete refusal

Well there are some similaraties in our case, i had also inhereted property and other assets from my late father. At the time of interview i showed them the High Court order of inheretance in my favor and also showed them the sale agreement of the property.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Harsh refusal..

Guys there is no point in applying and wasting money on T1E, as the visa success rate is very low in high risk countries. If you just wish to take a chance then that is fine, u should apply... Else this whole practice is becoming increasingly useless as most of the applicants are getting refusals.

Some reasons are incredibly laughable. Somehow ECO will always be able to find some sort of points in your documents to refuse your case. Like this applicant made some mistakes in his first application then he reapplied covering all the grounds but ECO still came up with new reasons... Basically ECOs are behaving like gods and if you convince them in interview then you will get the visa.

So only those people need to apply who are sure and confident to defend their case.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Harsh refusal..

Guys there is no point in applying and wasting money on T1E, as the visa success rate is very low in high risk countries. If you just wish to take a chance then that is fine, u should apply... Else this whole practice is becoming increasingly useless as most of the applicants are getting refusals.

Some reasons are incredibly laughable. Somehow ECO will always be able to find some sort of points in your documents to refuse your case. Like this applicant made some mistakes in his first application then he reapplied covering all the grounds but ECO still came up with new reasons... Basically ECOs are behaving like gods and if you convince them in interview then you will get the visa.

So only those people need to apply who are sure and confident to defend their case.
Actually, applicant is from Pakistan and there, you can easily get £200k or more cash in your bank after paying 5% to 10% cash upfront. People who provide funds open/maintain bank account with the help of bank staff and funds actually seized unofficially for some period and no one can withdraw those funds. UKBA knows about this, that's the reason ECO provide these type of refusals especially when they get doubt that funds are not genuinely available to applicant.

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi

Guys if my friend proceed for admin review with all requested documents with flexibility of law,

how much success chances?

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:23 pm

soma7474 wrote:Hi

Guys if my friend proceed for admin review with all requested documents with flexibility of law,

Chances are pretty slim putting into consideration that ECO have all but made up their mind regarding this applicant. Hope and Pray!
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:56 am

soma7474 wrote:Hi

I see no harm in filing AR.

Jenlord

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Refusal

Post by Jenlord » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:56 pm

soma7474 wrote:One of my friends applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa from Pakistan and he was refused. one of the refusal issue is as follows :

This is very simple. He applied earlier with funds in his father's friend account. Got refused. Later on he applied having funds in his personal account. Eco suspected he is not genuine entrepreneur and refused. He could not provide evidence of the land he sold. If one is borrowing money from someone he should defend this point for sure. My case is the same as his. Although, My dad has agricultural land in our village worth 40 million pkr. I am planning to attach those documents against my application as to defend this point as money will be borrowed to me by my dad's friend for showmoney.
I exist in a world beyond yours.

smartmind101

Need to think....

Post by smartmind101 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:51 pm

After seeing the refusal, sorry to say, but I am FULLY CONVINCED by the reasons stated by the case worker, especially, where the case worker has pointed out to the INABILITY OF THE APPLICANT WHO COULD NOT EVEN DO THE DEGREE HE CAME TO UK FOR.....

But, at the same time the biggest question is - Why this visa has been included under points based system, when the applicant is being rejected even after scoring points?????????....

This visa should not have been under points based system, but should have been - Only asking for docs and leaving everything else on the will of the Home Office..... SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT !!!

Jenlord

Re: Need to think....

Post by Jenlord » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:26 pm

smartmind101 wrote:After seeing the refusal, sorry to say, but I am FULLY CONVINCED by the reasons stated by the case worker, especially, where the case worker has pointed out to the INABILITY OF THE APPLICANT WHO COULD NOT EVEN DO THE DEGREE HE CAME TO UK FOR.....

But, at the same time the biggest question is - Why this visa has been included under points based system, when the applicant is being rejected even after scoring points?????????....

This visa should not have been under points based system, but should have been - Only asking for docs and leaving everything else on the will of the Home Office..... SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT !!!
I agree to you. I have the same objection. If they think its not a genuine entrepreneur although he has scored the points under ukba rules, why would one invest so much money to submit scripted bank statements as it cost around 7-8 lac rs in Pakistan. Obviously, he will have to invest 200k in a span of 3 years, else no extention. Had he to slip and love illegal, there are other cheaper ways like tier4 or a visit visa. Why would one spend so much money if he is not genuine on statements and all? Obviously he has to invest 200k . HO is gone nuts.

smartmind101

easy solution....

Post by smartmind101 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 am

Rather than this Genuine Ent Test and other such reasons for refusals, HO could have acted in a wise manner.

They are refusing the applications where they feel that the applicant will not invest the money in 3 years or plans to complete his 10 yrs.
HO just needed to act smartly and state in this visa rules:
1) Any candidate who is granted this visa will NOT BE ABLE TO SWITCH TO ANY OTHER VISA CATEGORY.
2) Any candidate who is granted this visa will NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR SETTLEMENT/ ILR EXCEPT THIS ROUTE.

Simple and easy....isn't it ????.... Now automatically only genuine candidates will apply for this visa ;-)))

Jenlord

Re: easy solution....

Post by Jenlord » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:32 am

smartmind101 wrote:Rather than this Genuine Ent Test and other such reasons for refusals, HO could have acted in a wise manner.

They are refusing the applications where they feel that the applicant will not invest the money in 3 years or plans to complete his 10 yrs.
HO just needed to act smartly and state in this visa rules:
1) Any candidate who is granted this visa will NOT BE ABLE TO SWITCH TO ANY OTHER VISA CATEGORY.
2) Any candidate who is granted this visa will NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR SETTLEMENT/ ILR EXCEPT THIS ROUTE.

Simple and easy....isn't it ????.... Now automatically only genuine candidates will apply for this visa ;-)))
Indeed.

haider.syed

Post by haider.syed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:11 pm

simple, ACCA isnt completed and qualification isnt completed meas SORRY

gismanchester

Post by gismanchester » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:34 pm

hi soma7474

i think your friend should files Administrative review against this decision and if they didn't grant visa then he should go for Judicial Review High Court London, but it could be expensive for your friend.

thanks

SHAIKH9870

Post by SHAIKH9870 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 am

Deviser wrote:

Actually, applicant is from Pakistan and there, you can easily get £200k or more cash in your bank after paying 5% to 10% cash upfront. People who provide funds open/maintain bank account with the help of bank staff and funds actually seized unofficially for some period and no one can withdraw those funds. UKBA knows about this, that's the reason ECO provide these type of refusals especially when they get doubt that funds are not genuinely available to applicant.
Not for everyone ...There are Real persons holding 200k in their accounts, but ECO ( 22 to 32 yrs old ) doesn't know much about business they just earning minimum wage that's all...they don't even wear a TIE while taking your interview... :x

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:14 am

Hi

Gismanchester

He already file AR waiting for decision.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:50 pm

SHAIKH9870 wrote:
Deviser wrote:

Not for everyone ...There are Real persons holding 200k in their accounts, but ECO ( 22 to 32 yrs old ) doesn't know much about business they just earning minimum wage that's all...they don't even wear a TIE while taking your interview... :x
Even i didnt put on tie when i went for interview. In fact i was in our national dress i.e shalwar kameez. Thats why i got visa. ;)