ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my Kashmiri marriage valid in the UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

glowkeeper
Newly Registered

Is my Kashmiri marriage valid in the UK?

Post by glowkeeper » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 pm

I am English, and I married a Kashmiri man in Kashmir in 1996. I left him in 1999 and returned to the UK.

Do I still need to get divorced and if so, how do I go about it?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:02 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

glowkeeper
Newly Registered

Post by glowkeeper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:59 am

So, from that, it seems I'm still married as the marriage was valid, even though I only have a Kashmiri marriage certificate (I have no English translation).

So then, how do I get divorced? Do I have to go to Kashmir to get that?

LEGAL SOLUTION

hi

Post by LEGAL SOLUTION » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:46 pm

depends for what purpose you want to get divorced. what sort of marriage you had in kashmir. if it was just a religious marriage, u can get khula from a sharia council in britain. if you informed home office abt your marriage than you need a proper divorce from kashmir. you need to tell the whole situation for a better advice.

tei123

Post by tei123 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:17 pm

i have just submitted my spouse visa application online,which i would be submitting home 1st week in november,but i realised i have made 2 mistakes...how do i correct that pls