ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excluding ILR for my daughter ,can I apply OCI only for her

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ismailkhan2u
Newly Registered

Excluding ILR for my daughter ,can I apply OCI only for her

Post by ismailkhan2u » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi All,

I and my wife are eligible for ILR this November and I am looking to exclude my daughter in the application as she is born in UK just 2 months ago.

Question:
A. Can I apply for OCI only for her after I have applied and got the british passport ? Do we need any special documents for this and do we have to surrender our indian passport during the OCI application ? As she is eligible before us.

THE NOTE ON CGI EDINBURGH IS CONFUSING TO ME:
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Note: If an applicant for OCI/PIO is India born, he/she has to first surrender his/her last held Indian passport and obtain a certificate thereof. This service has been outsourced and click here to know the details. An applicant who is a foreign national by birth or who never possessed an Indian passport would be required to present the certificate issued in lieu of surrender of Indian passport of his/her parents/ grandparents on whose basis the applicant is claiming his/her Indian origin. Such certificate however, would not be needed if the passport holder on whose basis application is being attempted continues to be an Indian citizen or is deceased. For details please read the full brochure below.

B. Can she travel to india and apply for OCI from India ? In that case I just apply for indian visa (just in case of emergency ) ?

Any valuable input would be helpful.

Thanks
IK

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:30 pm

I think parents should be british to apply for OCI of children.
You can apply for POI