ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation documents after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjana

Naturalisation documents after ILR

Post by sanjana » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi guys,
Me and my spouse will be shortly applying for naturalisation soon by post.
Our case HSMP 5 yr + ILR 1 yr. Can some one guide on the following please.
( as i am bit confused after reading AN guide + sticky )

1) documents for 1st applicant - not working
Passport / ILR / photograph
2) documents for 2nd applicant- working
Passport / ILR / photograph / P60 ( ? Compulsory)

And then marriage certificate + fees.

Is there anything missing ?

Also we cant get appt at nearby NCS upto 100 miles radius, so going to post application. If i decide to get certified copies does any body knows how much costs ?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks

S

sanjana

Post by sanjana » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:48 am

Any suggestions much appreciated.

mealos

Post by mealos » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:43 am

Hi, NCS officer has not allowed me (literally) put any additional documents stating passports have no gaps between the expiration date of the old and issue date of the new one hence they are already sufficiently demonstrating my lawful residence in UK for more than five years.

In fact I had brought some flight itineraries with me in order to provide additonal proof about some fade/blurry entry/exit stamps within the old passport. He even didn't let me put them!

Thus, it's up to you what you bring but the general idea was for HSMP, Tier-1 , Tier-2 etc you dont need to provide many additional documents.

By the way London always has some empty appointment slots if you want to keep the originals. Otherwise you are kind of expected to send the passports etc as far as I know.

sanjana

Post by sanjana » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks Mealos. So in essence what the documents pieces i stated above (3 /4 ) should be enough. i will try london NCS - i guess only difficulty is getting a leave at that last moment. Many thanks