ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) without Original Marriage Certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adamboston

SET (M) without Original Marriage Certificate

Post by adamboston » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I've tried to find a post similar to my problem but had no success. My apologies if this question was already posted elsewhere by another member.

I'm a British national and my wife was granted spouse visa (FLR-M) straight after I got ILR (10 years long residency) in October 2011. Prior to that we were both students but I became a student dependent later.

Now my wife is applying for ILR, at a PEO, in couple of weeks' time from today. We were pretty confident that everything was just in order and spot on until we realised the original marriage certificate has gone missing. We have looked and searched everywhere in house but had no joy. We still have a coloured photocopy of it which I kept separately just in case. Now we are stuck, have absolutely no idea what to do - Due to time constraint we cannot travel to our country of origin to get the duplicate. We got married 10 years ago (no kids) and have been living together in the UK for the past 9 years. In past we sent the original marriage certificate, to Home Office, with all our previous FLR applications including my wife's FLR (M).

Can someone please advice what are our chances or can someone please share their experience when they applied without original marriage certificate. We have all the other documents ready including several letters (proof of cohabitation) confirming we are a genuine couple.

Much much appreciated. (Sorry for any typos)
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Given the fact that the Home Office should already have a copy you should be ok. If they're not happy they won't refuse you they'll just put your application on hold and ask for the original to be sent in, which, I very much doubt will happen.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:45 am

D4109125 wrote:Given the fact that the Home Office should already have a copy you should be ok. If they're not happy they won't refuse you they'll just put your application on hold and ask for the original to be sent in, which, I very much doubt will happen.
Hi Amber, thanks a million for replying to my post. I hope they don't ask us to produce the original certificate and if they do then it's going to be a hell of a mission. I did try to ring our country of origin local consulate to check if they could access the registrar office database and issue us the duplicate but the answer was NO.

I can only guess and hope that Home Office still has the scanned copies of the documents submitted along with our previous FLR applications (including FLR-M). I am guessing because in 2011 when I requested my SAR file, it did have a copy of our marriage certificate (original sent 3 times in last 9 years) which looked printed straight from a screenshot.

Thank you again for your help.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.