ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

John please help! Thanks

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nouna

John please help! Thanks

Post by nouna » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi John,

I hop you can help me by answering my inquiries:

I have got EC under HSMP and intend to travel to the UK after one month or so.
If I get FLR after two years, by the time my FLR will expire I will be in the UK for less than 4 years 11 months and so I understand that i will not be able to apply for ILR. What are my options in this case? can I apply for another FLR untill I complete 5 years of stay then apply for ILR? Would that second FLR be subject to a point system as well?

Also what if there is a delay by the HO in issuing either FLR or ILR which would result in exceeding the expiry date of my visa? would I be considered as an overstayer?

Finally what if ILR is rejected? would there be any grace period to allow for an appeal or second trial?

Thank you very much.

nouna

Post by nouna » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:22 am

Could John or anyone who knows the answers kindly respond please? Thanks