ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplying for family visitor visa after refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

foreverhopeful
Newly Registered

Reapplying for family visitor visa after refusal

Post by foreverhopeful » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:29 am

My mother in Barbados was refused on grounds of lack of sufficient social and economic ties to return. We are considering reapplying since she only has limited ground of appeal.
The refusal surprised us since my mum who lived here until the 1970s has visited several times since returning to live in Barbados and has never overstayed her visit.
She does not own property and has a small savings account - how can she best show ties that will show likely intent to return?

Also, if reapplying are full fees required? just wonder since I would have thought if reapplying soon after first refusal that biometrics would not need repeating.

foreverhopeful
Newly Registered

Post by foreverhopeful » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:08 am

Anyone?

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:00 am

I think you have to do biometrics every time an application is made regardless of the time in between applications, but I may well be wrong. Hopefully someone will clarify this for you. Does your mother have any family members in Barbados? It seems so harsh a judgement when she has visited before and always returned home. Would it be worthwhile emphasizing that point when you re-apply? I presume she is not working? I hope your application is successful next time.