ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thanks to all, got the visa today!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Thanks to all, got the visa today!!

Post by Globe Trotter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:24 am

Finally the big day has arrived and I got my visa (Tier 1-Entrepreneur), thanks to the great help from all of you. Had teamed up with my wife and the business to be done is beauty therapy. Your advice and suggestions really helped me. We are not from UK and shall be visiting that country for the first time. Shall highly appreciate if someone can clarify this:
1- Within how many days do I need to fly out of my home country, after the visa is stamped?
2- Is there any deadline to reach UK after the visa is stamped?
3- Within how many days do I need to register myself with HRMC?
4- Is there any other body with which I need to register myself?
5- What other rules of UKBA one has to adhere after reaching UK?

Awaiting your valuable reply.

nagisons

Post by nagisons » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:39 am

congratulations

Could you Please do Timeline.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks. But what is a timeline?

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Globe Trotter wrote:Thanks. But what is a timeline?
Timeline means when you posted document, when you got ack, when you applied for brp, when you had interview(If any) and when you got visa + passport + docs.
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks to all, got the visa today!!

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Globe Trotter wrote:Finally the big day has arrived and I got my visa (Tier 1-Entrepreneur), thanks to the great help from all of you. Had teamed up with my wife and the business to be done is beauty therapy. Your advice and suggestions really helped me. We are not from UK and shall be visiting that country for the first time. Shall highly appreciate if someone can clarify this:
1- Within how many days do I need to fly out of my home country, after the visa is stamped?

@ Globe Trotter, congratulation for your visa approval.

You can fly out of your country at any time you so wish, but bear in mind that the longer you stay behind in your country then the higher your chances that you will have to extend more than the normal 2yrs renewal.

There is no specific deadline to reach UK. Just don't forget that settlement visa is after 5years and any time you stay behind will add the possibility of 2 extensions.

You are normally required under the law to register with HMRC within 3months that your business start trading. And don't forget that you will have to register your company with companies house first before informing HMRC or register yourself as self employ directly with HMRC once you start trading.

You need to find out if your condition of stay state that you should register with the police and also you should check if your business requires to register with any trade body before commencing trading.

All the rules you are expected to adhere to are in the policy guidance and immigration rules, so read them very well, and take notes of what is expected of you.

Congratulation to you guys once again.

You can share your timeline by telling the forum, when you apply and when visa was granted, any interview and questions asked, e.t.c.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Kokopop

Post by Kokopop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Congrats

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:
Globe Trotter wrote:Finally the big day has arrived and I got my visa (Tier 1-Entrepreneur), thanks to the great help from all of you. Had teamed up with my wife and the business to be done is beauty therapy. Your advice and suggestions really helped me. We are not from UK and shall be visiting that country for the first time. Shall highly appreciate if someone can clarify this:

@ Globe Trotter, congratulation for your visa approval.

You can fly out of your country at any time you so wish, but bear in mind that the longer you stay behind in your country then the higher your chances that you will have to extend more than the normal 2yrs renewal.

There is no specific deadline to reach UK. Just don't forget that settlement visa is after 5years and any time you stay behind will add the possibility of 2 extensions.

You are normally required under the law to register with HMRC within 3months that your business start trading. And don't forget that you will have to register your company with companies house first before informing HMRC or register yourself as self employ directly with HMRC once you start trading.

You need to find out if your condition of stay state that you should register with the police and also you should check if your business requires to register with any trade body before commencing trading.

All the rules you are expected to adhere to are in the policy guidance and immigration rules, so read them very well, and take notes of what is expected of you.

Congratulation to you guys once again.

You can share your timeline by telling the forum, when you apply and when visa was granted, any interview and questions asked, e.t.c.

Home Office requirement for registering with HMRC once in UK is in section 76 of policy guidance;

76. You must have been registered within six months of your specified date. If you wish your specified date to be the date you entered the UK you must provide evidence to establish this date. Otherwise the six months will be calculated from the date you were granted Entry Clearance or leave to enter the category. Evidence we will accept includes: Passport containing the Visa stamped on entry to the UK; Flight Tickets and Boarding Card, but where you can not provide either of these pieces of evidence you can supply other documents for consideration which prove the date you entered the UK.

The statement above confirm that you can enter UK anytime you wish.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks Olasunkanmi for your detailed information.
My case is as under:
Applied on 7th July 2013. Handed over my application personally so same day biometrics.
Passport returned by UKBA on 30th July.
No interview calls.
Proposed business was "beauty therapy".
Money in own account (200K).
Prepared detailed business plan on my own.

On more request Olasunkanmi, can you send me the link from where you got the information that you have posted.
Thanks once again!!!!

famous

Post by famous » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:12 pm

congrats globe!

can you tell me which country u applied from? Im asking cuz u didnt get interview call. usually they ask u to come for one if u belong to certain countries. so where are u from pls?

also what is beauty therapy? i mean is it a parlour concept?

famous

Post by famous » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 pm

olaskun, u said we can land in uk anytime after visa. but isnt there a deadline like 3months or 6 months? can u pls share link where it states that u there is no time limit by whcih u must have entered uk? thanksi mean if i get the visa in lets jan, can i land in uk in dec of the same year or next?

i understand, my extension will be delayed by that much time. but still any time limit for landing?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Globe Trotter wrote:
On more request Olasunkanmi, can you send me the link from where you got the information that you have posted.
Thanks once again!!!!
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021