ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housewife citizenship 5 years residency (stamp 3)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aalazzani

Housewife citizenship 5 years residency (stamp 3)

Post by aalazzani » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:27 pm

I have a question regarding a housewife applying for citizenship based on 5 years residency (stamp 3).

1- What should be the answer for the Employment question? Unemployed or Other

2- It is clear that the Employments documents requested for employees (employer letter, pay slips, P60 etc) are irrelevant here, but does it affect the application that there is no separate source of income for the applicant?

3- Housewife is financially supported by husband so do we need to include any documents related to husband's employment to explain source of income?

Thanks in advance for help.

courny

Re: Housewife citizenship 5 years residency (stamp 3)

Post by courny » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:13 pm

aalazzani wrote:I have a question regarding a housewife applying for citizenship based on 5 years residency (stamp 3).

1- What should be the answer for the Employment question? Unemployed or Other

2- It is clear that the Employments documents requested for employees (employer letter, pay slips, P60 etc) are irrelevant here, but does it affect the application that there is no separate source of income for the applicant?

3- Housewife is financially supported by husband so do we need to include any documents related to husband's employment to explain source of income?

Thanks in advance for help.
I would say unemployed. will need to provide all financial documents of husband.
it does not affect the application as long as there is financial support. and in this case provided by the husband.

change2
Newly Registered

Post by change2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 am

I wrote answers to your questions in this thread.
Last edited by change2 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:25 am

change2 wrote:I wrote answers to your questions this thread.
Thanks change2 for your detailed response.

For #1, there is no option in the form for "Housewife". The two options available for people not working are "Unemployed" and "Other".

Personally I thought that "Unemployed" might be interpreted as "actively looking but cannot find", so that is why I thought that Other (with some details in below box) might be a better option for Housewife. Let me know what you think.

change2
Newly Registered

Post by change2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:26 am

aalazzani wrote:Thanks change2 for your detailed response.

For #1, there is no option in the form for "Housewife". The two options available for people not working are "Unemployed" and "Other".

Personally I thought that "Unemployed" might be interpreted as "actively looking but cannot find", so that is why I thought that Other (with some details in below box) might be a better option for Housewife. Let me know what you think.
I would tick "Other" and would write next to it "Housewife". I don't think these forms are scanned and subject to text recognition within fields. I had myself wrote a note once or twice in my application just to clarify.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:51 pm

'Other' is correct.

Unemployed is a barrier to citizenship as it suggests a person may need access to public funds.

So choose 'other' and include income details of husband and a note to say that she is a housewife supported by her husband, and his income details are supplied as proof of his support. You should supply the employment documents requested for employees, in the name of the husband as he is working and this is evidence she is not an unemployed jobseeker who may want access to public funds.
BL