ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police caution and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cdyz5
Pakistan

Police caution and ILR

Post by cdyz5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Guys.

I received a police caution on child neglect. in april 2013. It now i want to apply for ILR. will it be refused. how about if i attach a cover letter and explain everything in it.

your help will be much appreciated

regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:15 pm

A police caution is a general grounds for refusal for ILR for a 24 month period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rocketeer
Newly Registered

Re: Police caution and ILR

Post by rocketeer » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:36 pm

Hi Amber,
Is there a way to obtain limited leave now that Caution is grounds for refusal so that one can prove that they are not repeating the offence

sodonm

Post by sodonm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:43 am

Since you were given caution in april 2013 the 24 month period is over now, you can apply for ILR but you have to mention the caution in your ILR application.

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:58 am

You can argue about the nature of caution.

Could you please give us bit more details about why were you given caution and did you contest it?

Humbleking2015
Newly Registered

Post by Humbleking2015 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Dear All

7 years ago, one got arrested on suspicion of a robbery and was released on bail with no charge imposed. On two occasions the bail end date was altered by the police and thereafter urged the individual that it is not necessary to return to the police station for further enquiries. Thereafter personal belongings that were confiscated from the indivual was also released.

The individual further continued to apply for visa extensions after the incident on various categories which were approved and in all of the applications nothing was mentioned on either the application form or by means of a cover letter with regards to the arrest. The only concern that the individual had was whilst using PEO services one had to wait for an extended amount of time for the biometric confirmation to come through.

The individual shall be applying for an ILR on the basis of Long Residence. Will the aforementioned issue have an impact on attaining the ILR status if a PEO was used as opposed to a straightforward application?

Is a cover letter stating the aforementioned absolutely necessary?

Your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated....