ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

esa question

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmedlayla
Newly Registered

esa question

Post by ahmedlayla » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:39 pm

hi i know this has nothing to do with immigration ! but im on maternity leave from my job and getting employment and support allowance as i dont get smp..
my question is work owe me holiday pay for 6 weeks and 3 days if i get paid this will it effect my esa benefit or will i be ok as i dont wanna have my benefits stoped and wanna leave my job as my postnatal depression is just to much to handle going back to work and having pannic attacks at leaving my baby

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:24 am

I assume this is Contribution based ESA (C-ESA) (paying NI for the last 2 tax years). Unless you are in the support group you will receive C-ESA for 12 months. During this time C-ESA is not affected by most payments including redundancy, holiday and severance payments.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ahmedlayla
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedlayla » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 am

its income based as far as i know as i hadnt paid enough NI for the last 2 years!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:43 pm

If you leave your job and claim IR-ESA, any final earnings you receive are usually ignored. This includes wages, holiday pay and any pay in lieu of notice.

However, if you were getting IR-ESA before leaving your job, payments made at the end of the job may be taken into account as earnings – seek advice from your local CAB.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ahmedlayla
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedlayla » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:02 pm

ok thank you for your help.