ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Languga rule for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rfaisy
Newly Registered

English Languga rule for ILR

Post by rfaisy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi All,
I have been searching for an advice with regards to the new language rules for ILR in effect from 28th Oct 2013. I passed my LIUK test back in Feb 2013 and I noticed that it is clearly written that ''Your success at this test also demonstrates that your level of competence in English meets the required standard for naturalisation or indefinite leave to remain. No further proof of this is needed.
I have also found a statement which can prove the above in the statement of intent on page 3:

Currently there are two ways in which this requirement can be met:
• By passing the Life in the UK test, a computer based test based on the Life in the UK handbook and set at an English level equivalent to B1 (intermediate level) on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).

And then on page 5:

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 or above will be required to take another one. So, for example, a person applying for settlement as a Tier 2 (General) migrant who has already demonstrated a knowledge of English equivalent to B1 level in order to qualify for entry clearance, will not have to take a further test at settlement stage.

Please can any one advice if I'm right that no further English language is required.

I'm applying for my ILR on 11th Nov T1G and my case is very straightforward working with the same company for 5 years and only been out for 198 days in 5 years.

rfaisy
Newly Registered

Post by rfaisy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:40 am

Can any one help please!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 pm

If you satisfied a B1 English requirement for your PBS application then that should suffice the additional B1 requirement. Moreover, if you have a comparable degree taught in English then a NARIC statement of comparability with proof it was taught in English (certificate/letter from institution) will also suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rfaisy
Newly Registered

Post by rfaisy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Thank you very much Amber, I did prove English language ability by providing IELTS (6) at the time on my HSMP approval and T1 entry clearance and then for extension. On top of this I have a degree taught in English and for a safe side I'm now sending it to UK NARIC to obtain a letter of comparability (which is obvious as they gave me 30 point in T1 approval) and a letter from my Uni.
I hope all goes fine as nothing else is bothering me in the application or documentation.