ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help, husbands visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owais210
Newly Registered

please help, husbands visa

Post by owais210 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 am

Hi all,

I have been awaiting the result of husbands visa application for the past 9 months, we applied at british high commission islamabad.
He was finally sent a letter to submit his passport on 20th feb asking him also to send a letter confirming his intended date of travel to uk, which he did. we are still awaiting his passport and or a reply from high commission and its been 6 weeks.

The whole case summary is as follows.

Me and my husband were un-married partners when he wasa student in uk. He always had a legal visa.

In august 2004 i found out that i was pregnant since we were in a long term relationship. When applying for extension of his student visa we also mentioned that he and i wish to live together and if its possible for his status change.

His student visa was promptly refused just becuase he had a partner in uk and he wants to get married, which means he will not leave uk.
that is pointless!
Again we applied for an appeal and afetr a year we had a hearing in which no one came from the home office, the judge refered this case fo a further hearing.

to avoid this time consuming and stressful period and that we were alos engaged to be married, we decided to go back to his country and get married and apply fresh for a spouse visa. In the mean time we had a beautiful daughter in 2005.

We applied on 2nd august 2006 and got a reply from 15 weeks for him to appear for the DNA test, even though we provided birth certificates and most data we could. Then we heard from them on 14th feburary when they sent a letter for him to submit his passport, since then we have not heard, an application which should have taken 12-14 weeks in the first place has taken over 9 months as it is, we have been trying to access the visa enquiry line of bhc islamabad, but normally they are reluctant to give answer to any enquiry. We were onl told by one person that they are awaiting some response from home office why on earth is that happening AFTER he has been asked to submit his passport so they can grant him the visa?

We aare living a very comlexed and stressful time as it is, the bhc has kept my daughter away frm her father for 9 months! it is so depressing for him, yet we are helpless.

Can Anyone help??? please