ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (BRP) - How can i report Change of address?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asdf786

ILR (BRP) - How can i report Change of address?

Post by asdf786 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 am

Hi Guys,

I received my ILR-Biometric Residence Permit on my old address. I can see from the leaflet that i need to report the change of address.

1- Is it required to report the change of address?
2- How can i report?
3- If change of address is not reported and we enter UK, would this create problem?

thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Change of Address.

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am

Form BRP(RC) is to be used if you already have a valid Biometric Residence Permit which you need to replace because you have:
  • • changed your name, nationality, appearance, date of birth or your gender; or
    • your Biometric Residence Permit has been lost, damaged or stolen; or
    • your Biometric Residence Permit has been cancelled and you still have outstanding leave.
    • your Biometric Residence Permit has expired and you still have outstanding leave.
I don't think you'll have to report them about your change of address unless you have an outstanding application.

Alternatively, you can Change your Address online.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks Damanisshallo. Looks like you are right that i don't need to report. But if somebody have any past experience if could comment.

The only reason is that it is mentioned on the leaflet they sent with the BRP CARD.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Syed_King
Newly Registered

Post by Syed_King » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:22 pm

I have same situation . I have received all Bio-Metric letter on my correspondent address but in different dates like I got my one today and my depended after 2 days.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:32 pm

D4109125 wrote:Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Just infom HO of change of address on ukba website.