ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forex rate

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ricardo junni
Newly Registered

Forex rate

Post by ricardo junni » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:53 am

What rate Ukba considers if amount is not held in GBP? wil it be the rate at the time of the application? or they will have the rate when officer considers the application?

Regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixc/

If the applicant is applying as a Tier 4 Migrant, the applicant must have had the funds referred to in (a) above for a consecutive 28-day period of time;

(ca) If the applicant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 4 Migrant, he must confirm that the funds referred to in (a) above are:

(i) available in the manner specified in paragraph 13 below for his use in studying and living in the UK; and

(ii) that the funds will remain available in the manner specified in paragraph 13 below unless used to pay for course fees and living costs;

(d) If the funds were obtained when the applicant was in the UK, the funds must have been obtained while the applicant had valid leave and was not acting in breach of any conditions attached to that leave;

(e) Where the funds are in one or more foreign currencies, the applicant must have the specified level of funds when converted to pound sterling (£) using the spot exchange rate which appears on www.oanda.com* for the date of the application;
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ricardo junni
Newly Registered

Re

Post by ricardo junni » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:22 am

Thanks for your prompt and effective reply.So,it means that rate will be of"at time of the application"?i made my application outside the country on 20.09 .2013 so my question is they will consider the rate it was on 20.09.2013 regardless when they see my application?
Your reply will be much appreciated.
Regards
Riccardo