ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR application in PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravikumin
Newly Registered

Delay in ILR application in PEO

Post by ravikumin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am

Hi,

I have applied for ILR through PEO appointment in Glasgow on 28-Aug-13. My appointment was at 10AM and was waiting for the whole day. At the end of the day they said they are still waiting for some checks and sent me back saying that someone will contact you. Its been over a month and till now no one has contacted me. When I called them they said it is under processing and I do not need to call them. Is there anything I can do in this case? Or should I wait where I dont have any other option?

Thanks,
Ravi.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:15 pm

It may take up to 6 months but I suspect it won't be long. Ask for a refund once you have a decision.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ravikumin
Newly Registered

Post by ravikumin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks for your reply.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Glasgow PEO I have read in this forum are not adequately trained for self-employed / Director of limited company applicants.

It is ridiculous if they are taking time for full-time perm applicants.

My PEO application in Croydon, was delayed by a full month due to biometric delay. In hindsight, I should have demanded a refund, but just didn't bother with all the hassle.

tan777

Post by tan777 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi mate.. sailing on same boat....for me it is already 3rd month with Solihull PEO...what is their number by the way?

tan777

Post by tan777 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi mate.. sailing on same boat....for me it is already 3rd month with Solihull PEO...what is their number by the way?

shoebyunus
Newly Registered

Croydon delays

Post by shoebyunus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:39 pm

Guys,
I am sailing on the same boat. Applied from Croydon in same day and after waiting whole day they gave a letter saying that they need to do further checks. Its been 1 1/2 months now and no reply from them. I am salaried and absolutely no history to worry about.

Can anyone advise how long will it take or can I call them as I need to make some urgent business trips. :cry:

ravikumin
Newly Registered

Post by ravikumin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Actually you can write to them and get your documents back if you really need to travel. But that will delay the decision further.

Their number is 08706067766 and it is no use calling them as well. They will say it is under processing and ask you not to call them.

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Its been 2 months for me from Croydon PEO and still no news. Been given FURTHER ENQUIRIES letter on the appointment day after making me wait for 4 hours.

I think it will be treated as a postal application now.

Called few times in between and in all ocassions I have been told that its still not completed and in one ocassion I was told that the case will be dealt as a postal application.

So fingers crossed now.

shoebyunus
Newly Registered

ILr delays

Post by shoebyunus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:42 am

Same here, just called them and the lady said that the decision has not been made. Un till the query is not finished the decision is not made and we cant say anything or give a timeline.

koushal15
Newly Registered

Post by koushal15 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:57 am

Hi,
Me too sailing on the same boat. Applied from Liverpool in same day and after waiting whole day they gave a letter saying that they need additional documents. Its been 2 weeks and still no news from them.

don't know how long we need to wait.... :(

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:04 pm

I am waiting since last 2 months. Anyone here who is waiting for more than 2 months ?

statician
Newly Registered

Post by statician » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 pm

redbull110 wrote:I am waiting since last 2 months. Anyone here who is waiting for more than 2 months ?
Me......since 26th July

Samrat
Newly Registered

Post by Samrat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Have you guys got your original documents back or are they still with them for consideration?

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 pm

I did not get mines. Still with the HO. All the originals and the passport.

_kiwi_
Newly Registered

Post by _kiwi_ » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:27 pm

I am in a similar (allbeit shorter) situation.

I had a PEO appointment on Wednesday 2nd October, everything was sorted and done quickly.

I was told to go away for a couple of hours while my application was processed but was warned the I.T. system was down and there was a possibility it might not be decided today.

Fast forward a couple of hours and got the call saying it wouldn't be processed, but someone would ring tomorrow 3rd October and let me know the outcome and that my documents would be posted by special delivery.

So far, no phone call, no documents, no way to contact them directly. All the helpline say is that is it being processed and wait till next week. I have also emailed but no reply.

While, I wasn't expecting it to be smooth sailing as I have read how bad their system is, it is not acceptable to not at the very least inform me what is happening.

I don't even mind the delay for a couple of days, but I did pay a premium as a I wanted the same day decision and my documents back, now reading this I am worried it could take months, in which case they have no right to charge the premium amount.

I am interested to see how many other people have been in the same situation and how long they had to wait. Hopefully, mine will come ealry next week but I have a feeling it won't

Samrat
Newly Registered

Post by Samrat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 am

Kiwi, I have also attended on oct 2nd but got my originals back on the same day and waiting for BRP and confirmation letter.

_kiwi_
Newly Registered

Post by _kiwi_ » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:37 am

Samrat wrote:Kiwi, I have also attended on oct 2nd but got my originals back on the same day and waiting for BRP and confirmation letter.
Interesting, they wouldn't give mine back. Please let me know when you receive yours and all do the same.

ops
Newly Registered

Post by ops » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi,
I ( and Spouse) also submitted my application in Solihull on the 2nd of October. Appointment was for 8.45am. My application form and supporting documents were asked for by the caseworker but she only looked at my passport and made copies of the visa page of my first grant of Tier 1 (G) in 2008. Afterwards, we went for the bio-metrics enrollment. We were told to come back after 2hours. John Lewis was a good place to pass the time. before we knew it, it was 11.15am. When we returned to the PEO, Unfortunately the IT system was down and our bio-metric information couldn't be confirmed. The lady did not confirm when the system will be back but she said my documentations were fine but cannot confirm if it was approved or not because of the biometrics system was down. She said my documentations will be posted to me by special delivery. I think they tried calling me on the following day because I had a missed call from an 'unknown' number. Postman knocked the door today (4th) with all my documents and approval letter. So I will only have to wait for my BRP. Yupeeeee!

Thanks for all the help in this forum. No need for solicitors is my best advice if your case is straightforward - this forum is all you need! All the best .

Samrat
Newly Registered

Post by Samrat » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Received BRP today!! Thanks guys and good luck to you all!!

_kiwi_
Newly Registered

Post by _kiwi_ » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Good to hear Samrat! I am still waiting (and stressing). Rung up yesterday but they still said it hadn't been been processed. Getting less happy by the day, so much for the premium service

ravikumin
Newly Registered

Post by ravikumin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi All,

I got my approval letter today. All the best for all of you. I explained my experience here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=148780. Might be useful for some of you guys.

Thanks,
ravi.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 am

ravikumin wrote:Hi All,

I got my ILR today. First of all thanks for the members for clearing my doubts in getting ILR. I applied on 28-Aug and I was told that they are waiting for some checks and didnt approve my case on the same day. I didnt hear from them for past 1.5 month. Based on a member's advice I sent a letter to them asking for the status.

Yesterday an officer called me and said he had approved my application the same day itself but the system has showed(wrongly I guess) that status as if it is waiting for background checks. He apologised and sent me the documents. The approval letter had the date as 28-Aug. So it is because of their mistake that they didnt give my approval on the same day. Also they recognised this only after I sent a letter to them.

Can I ask for a refund of the extra premium fee?
If yes what is the procedure?

Thanks,
Ravi.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 am

Write to them again and ask for the PEO fee refund.

ravikumin
Newly Registered

Post by ravikumin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks Amber. Will write to them for a refund and let you know the result.