ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving Points and Fixed penalty

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

willbeok
Newly Registered

Driving Points and Fixed penalty

Post by willbeok » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi all,
I am new to this immigration Board and turned to it as I cant get a definitive answer from anyone and wanted to post here to see what experiences or recommendation I can get to help me make my decision in applying for my Naturalisation application.

I currently have ILR since July 2011.

I want to apply for Naturalisation but currently I have points on my license due to speeding and paid fixed penalty for these, I did not go to court for these at all. The first set of points (3) were in oct 2009 and I got further 3 points for the same in Oct 2010.
I would have 3 points taken off in Oct 2013 and wanted to know if the remaining points on my license would have an adverse effect on my application. I have read in the guidance notes of the application form that "they might not disregard the driving offences".
Hoping any of you could shed some light on this for me.

Thank you and Kind regards,

VR

3 yrs from October 2010

Post by VR » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:43 pm

willbeok,

You can apply and are likely to succeed, though the new guidance says they are going to look at a pattern of offending, since you have not gone to the court and paid your fine, I believe you should be fine.
cheers
vr

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:44 pm

you will be fine as long as you don't incur more than 3 points in 12 months. there can't be any pattern to speeding, its just bad luck.

willbeok
Newly Registered

Re: 3 yrs from October 2010

Post by willbeok » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:41 pm

[quote="VR"]willbeok,

You can apply and are likely to succeed, though the new guidance says they are going to look at a pattern of offending, since you have not gone to the court and paid your fine, I believe you should be fine.
cheers
vr[/quote]

Thank you for your response. Appreciate it

willbeok
Newly Registered

Post by willbeok » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm

[quote="innocentdevil"]you will be fine as long as you don't incur more than 3 points in 12 months. there can't be any pattern to speeding, its just bad luck.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice. Appreicated

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:03 pm

If you have points on your licence include the counterpart with your application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

willbeok
Newly Registered

Post by willbeok » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:19 pm

[quote="D4109125"]If you have points on your licence include the counterpart with your application.[/quote]

Thanks Amber for the advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:56 am

willbeok wrote:I currently have ILR since July 2011.

I currently have 6 points on my license for Speeding SP30 which was in Oct 2009 and Oct 2010. I didnt go to court for these and did pay the Fixed Penalty for these offences. I have checked with DVLA and 3 points will be removed as it takes 4 years for a set to be removed on Oct 23rd 2013 and the next set next year in October 2014.

I have no other convictions or endorsements on my license apart from these.

I am hoping to send my application before the 28th of October. Would you advise me to apply or wait for this. I have gone throught the posts and as I dont have any other convictions/fines in the last 3 years.

Also what documents would I need to send with my application? Just my passport with ILR is ok or do I need to provide more?

Please advise according to your expert knowledge as I dont want to cause any complication in my application.

Kind regards,
VR wrote:willbeok,

What was the exact date of the last FPN you received. Apply exactly after 3years has passed from that date.

You have had two FPN's and they should in no way throw up a pattern of offending. Only when you have multiple instances over a short period it would come back to hurt you.

As for the documents you need to enclose check p15 of the form AN.

Read the FAQ's here and post specific queries if you need help when filling out your form.

Last get your application in before the KOLL changes come in on 28th October. Act fast.
cheers
vr
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:01 pm

D4109125 wrote:If you have points on your licence include the counterpart with your application.

willbeok
Newly Registered

Post by willbeok » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:35 pm

[quote="D4109125"][quote="D4109125"][b]If you have points on your licence include the counterpart with your application.[/b][/quote][/quote]

The date for my offence was 20/10/2010, hence why I am applying exactly after 3 years of the offence. I am including the counterpart of my license with the endorsements, however, I will be paying the £20 to get the 3 points taken off my license as per DVLA instruction.

I have my appointment with the NCS on 21st of October.

Thanks again for your advice

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 pm

You should be fine.