ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success PEO Croydon 30 September 2013 (SET M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lana0311
Newly Registered

ILR success PEO Croydon 30 September 2013 (SET M)

Post by lana0311 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share that I got ILR on Monday in Croydon. The Biometric card arrived today (2 days later). My appointment was at 8.10am. The payment was taken online when I booked the appointment.

After a quick security check, we went through to register and got a case number which took 5 minutes. After that we went upstairs and were told to wait for our number which was 5 minutes later. The lady at the counter asked for all the supporting documents. I had 2 big folders of documents and 1 folder with all the photocopies.

The documents that I supplied were:

My current Passport (Russian)
Husband's passport (British)
My BRP
My 2 old/expired passports
Application form (SET M)
2 photos of myself and 1 of husband with our names on the back
marriage certificate
pass certificate of Life in the UK test
Bank statements for myself (past 6 months)
Banks statement for husband (24 months)
My savings account bank statements (6 months)
House ownership document from land registry
12 documents in join names (I know the guidance notes say 6 but I just wanted to make sure) letters were council tax, thames water, british gas, our car insurance, BT and Sky.
Payslips for myself and husband (8 months)

I also made the exact same folder with the photocopies and organised the documents by year.

The lady took all the documents and asked me to write my mobile number on the folder, so that they could call me once a decision was made.
Next I was called for the collection of biometrics. We were told to wait for the decision either inside or we could go out and wait for a phone call. We decided to go out and so went to the nearby shopping centre.
We left at 9.10 exactly an hour after arriving. At 11.10 I got a phone call from UKBA to say that the application has been successful and that I can come to collect my documents.

My Biometric card arrived on Wednesday (appointment was on Monday).

I am now applying for naturalisation next week.
I hope this helps all of you who will soon be applying for ILR.

Good luck to you all,

Lana

Oxford

Re: ILR success PEO Croydon 30 September 2013 (SET M)

Post by Oxford » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:36 pm

lana0311 wrote:Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share that I got ILR on Monday in Croydon. The Biometric card arrived today (2 days later). My appointment was at 8.10am. The payment was taken online when I booked the appointment.

After a quick security check, we went through to register and got a case number which took 5 minutes. After that we went upstairs and were told to wait for our number which was 5 minutes later. The lady at the counter asked for all the supporting documents. I had 2 big folders of documents and 1 folder with all the photocopies.

The documents that I supplied were:

My current Passport (Russian)
Husband's passport (British)
My BRP
My 2 old/expired passports
Application form (SET M)
2 photos of myself and 1 of husband with our names on the back
marriage certificate
pass certificate of Life in the UK test
Bank statements for myself (past 6 months)
Banks statement for husband (24 months)
My savings account bank statements (6 months)
House ownership document from land registry
12 documents in join names (I know the guidance notes say 6 but I just wanted to make sure) letters were council tax, thames water, british gas, our car insurance, BT and Sky.
Payslips for myself and husband (8 months)

I also made the exact same folder with the photocopies and organised the documents by year.

The lady took all the documents and asked me to write my mobile number on the folder, so that they could call me once a decision was made.
Next I was called for the collection of biometrics. We were told to wait for the decision either inside or we could go out and wait for a phone call. We decided to go out and so went to the nearby shopping centre.
We left at 9.10 exactly an hour after arriving. At 11.10 I got a phone call from UKBA to say that the application has been successful and that I can come to collect my documents.

My Biometric card arrived on Wednesday (appointment was on Monday).

I am now applying for naturalisation next week.
I hope this helps all of you who will soon be applying for ILR.

Good luck to you all,

Lana
Congratulations..

How early did you book an appointment before the expiry of your two year BRP???

fannofler

Post by fannofler » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:21 pm

HI - quick question

Was your husband allowed to go in with you to the appointment od wait outside as I am planning to to with my wife for her ILR?