ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent -Married in UK? will it affect S'nder Sing Route?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedKite2010
Newly Registered

Urgent -Married in UK? will it affect S'nder Sing Route?

Post by RedKite2010 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi firstly sorry to post Urgent in the subject and secondly sorry to say it but i am getting desperate, and need I help.

My girlfriend is coming to the UK in the next 2 weeks.
She is a Non Visa National & NOT from an EEC Country.
We have been together for over 12 months and are in love and want to get married. She has been to UK before as a volunteer for 12 months in 2012, and returned home for work. (her employment contact has now finished)

The plan was for her to come as a Visitor to UK, and after about 6 weeks I was going to propose to her and then get married in the UK.

Once married I was going to move to another EEC Country find work and eventually move back to UK. (surinder singh)

So the big question is:

Will getting married in the UK ¨void¨ the Surinder Singh Route when we come back to the UK?

Is it essential she applys for Marriage Visa?

HELP........

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Marrying her in the UK will not affect the ability to use the Surinder Singh in future.
Whether you will be able to get married while she is on a visitor visa is another question.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:00 am

I believe a marriage visa is required, but I am not 100% sure. I, myself got a marriage visit visa about 7 years ago. We were married in northern ireland, and lived/worked in Dublin after our marriage. I think they are required...

And I agree with jambo that getting married in the UK will not affect the surinder singh route.

RedKite2010
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by RedKite2010 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:43 am

Thanks guys... its a bummer because to apply for a marriage visa she has to pay $700 for a flight to Panama to go to the Bio Metric Lab + the visa cost.

I was just in central America last week and if i knew what a hassle it was going to be i would have just married her there.

As you say Big Question now is, can we legally get married if she has travelled as a visitor?

I know your not supposed to intend to get married if you come as a visitor, but if she feels differently once here then can they stop you?

hummm.

RedKite2010
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by RedKite2010 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:58 am

Thanks guys... its a bummer because to apply for a marriage visa she has to pay $700 for a flight to Panama to go to the Bio Metric Lab + the visa cost.

I was just in central America last week and if i knew what a hassle it was going to be i would have just married her there.

As you say Big Question now is, can we legally get married if she has travelled as a visitor?

I know your not supposed to intend to get married if you come as a visitor, but if she feels differently once here then can they stop you?

hummm.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

DESPERATE - Can we get married in UK under Visitor Status

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 am

RedKite2010 wrote:Hi, my GF is from Non European Country.
I am life long British Citizen.

She is in the UK as a visitor right now and did not require a visa to come to UK.

We have been together for over 12 months and she recently came to visit me from her home country and entered the UK as a Visitor.

I proposed to her and she accepted. :D

I know we need to Give Notice To Marry, but wondering if it is Legally possible to get married given her VISITOR status?

The plan was to take the Surinder Singh Route after our marriage.

Thanks so much, very desperate for a definite answer.
Help much appreciated.

K.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 am