ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my options ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shakss
Newly Registered

What are my options ?

Post by Shakss » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am at this position where I do not know what should I do ?

I applied for a EEA2 in Mid Feb and received a refusal last month (September). The reason of refusals are that HO visits our home address, We have a semi-detached property so basically they came at the main building but we live behind the main building through a sneaky way. The resident of main building knows that we live behind. The funny thing is HO did not ask anything about the us i.e me and my wife, they just done a normal enquiry that who lives in the house how long have they have been living bla bla but they did not talk anything about those who applied EEA 1 and 2.

Now the latest is I have done the oral appeal and waiting for the tribunal call, I have taken a statement from my landlord and the main resident people that we do live at this address where HO visits.

I would like to know what are my options ???? as I am married to a EEA national and its refused ...
Can I apply for a student visa can I apply a work permit through a company or I have to apply a EEA visa because I am married

PLEase advise us

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:37 pm

I would continue with one route and get this matter sorted out.

Shakss
Newly Registered

Post by Shakss » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:43 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I would continue with one route and get this matter sorted out.
and What would be that route ?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:45 pm

The EEA route already embarked on. Fresh applications in different categories are likely to lead to suspicion and trouble.

Shakss
Newly Registered

Post by Shakss » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:03 pm

[quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"]The EEA route already embarked on. Fresh applications in different categories are likely to lead to suspicion and trouble.[/quote

I can understand that HO will think something suspicious if you will change your category but at the same time if Spouse is not willing to help and going back to their country for some stupid reasons..

Then in that case What would be the options ?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Shakss wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:The EEA route already embarked on. Fresh applications in different categories are likely to lead to suspicion and trouble.[/quote

I can understand that HO will think something suspicious if you will change your category but at the same time if Spouse is not willing to help and going back to their country for some stupid reasons..

If spouse leave UK permanently before 3 yrs passed ( from the date of marriage ) you will loose the right of residence in the UK
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Shakss wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:The EEA route already embarked on. Fresh applications in different categories are likely to lead to suspicion and trouble.[/quote

Why your wife is not helpful?

I heard that mostly ex wife's are not willing to help.

Is this a new trend???

If your wife don't want to go to court etc then I thing HO can easily tag on you to entering in a sham Marraige.

You have to sort out this issue first.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Shakss wrote:

I suggest that if you want help, you explain your circumstances fully in the first instance. Your posts are anonymous.