ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishnakishore

Query regarding EC

Post by krishnakishore » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:52 pm

I have applied from bangalore, India and got my approval 2 months back and becuse of my passport expiry I delayed the EC. Now I want to go for EC. I have a problem here also. I need to travel to US urgently on L1.

Can I apply for EC from US?
Is there any time limit on travel after EC? Say If I go for EC in APR and want to enter UK in OCT is it possible or do I need to go for EC again?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Kishore

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:41 pm

To be honest, not sure if u can apply for EC in the states....normally it shud be from ur home country to get EC from.

No there is no limit but it might affect u later when u want to get leave to remain (extension). What u can do is to tell HO/Caseworker that the EC stamp shud start like Oct or whenever u want (but has to be within 6months of EC), so that way u know ur EC will be starting from oct and instead of April.

Make u state it clearly in ur cover letter with EC, cos merely statin it on the application form, the caseworker might just over look it and stamp it straight away from April

Good luck.

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:35 am

Skilachi is spot on.