ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Need some advice

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you everyone for your help so far.

Basically, we have applied for a UK family permit. We are currently in Ireland, I'm British and exercising my EU treaty rights here.
My husband would like to stay until Feb to get his resident card. End of March we are planning to go on holiday so I wanted to know what to do.

If we get the UK family permit, it will be valid until April. If we don't get back before it expires, will we need to re-apply for a UK family permit from Ireland?
If we enter UK before we go for our holiday, would that make a difference? We would like to apply on the EEA2 form after we return to the UK. But when returning to the UK and the permit has expired would we have a problem entering?

If someone could advise. Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:05 am

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.