ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Benefits ( chen case )

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kreativzon
Newly Registered

Claiming Benefits ( chen case )

Post by kreativzon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi,

I have been browsing but could not get a proper answer anywhere though.
I thought I would ask a little help from you all. It will be much appreciated.

Is NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS written on the residence card in chen case?

If not, are the primary carers able to apply any kind of benefits like housing, child tax etc in scotland?

Any answers will be highly appreciated

Thanks
A.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:36 pm

If you have the 'right to reside' under EU regulations you should be able to claim public funds. But bear in mind for Chen:
EUN05 - Primary Carers of EEA minor children ('Chen' cases) wrote:EEA Child does not hold sufficient resources/Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

'... but I am not satisfied that the EEA national child holds (sufficient resources to prevent themselves and their primary carer(s) from becoming an unreasonable burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom, comprehensive sickness insurance for themselves and their primary carer(s).'
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kreativzon
Newly Registered

Post by kreativzon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:37 pm

D4109125 wrote:If you have the 'right to reside' under EU regulations you should be able to claim public funds. But bear in mind for Chen:
EUN05 - Primary Carers of EEA minor children ('Chen' cases) wrote:EEA Child does not hold sufficient resources/Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

'... but I am not satisfied that the EEA national child holds (sufficient resources to prevent themselves and their primary carer(s) from becoming an unreasonable burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom, comprehensive sickness insurance for themselves and their primary carer(s).'
Thanks for the Reply,

If supportive documents include:
1. Funds +- 5000Eur
2. CSI for 1 year

I think it should be enough to avoid the above statement.

Is NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS or DERIVATIVE RESIDENCE PERMIT mentioned on the Residence Permit ?

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I cannot comment on the European rules very much but I would surmise that would be ok. NRPF is for domestic (UK) applications not EU based ones.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kreativzon
Newly Registered

Post by kreativzon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:39 pm

D4109125 wrote:I cannot comment on the European rules very much but I would surmise that would be ok. NRPF is for domestic (UK) applications not EU based ones.
Quick Reply! Thanks

I and my family would apply for a EEA Permit with our EEA child very soon, I would keep updated here since it could benefit someone.

I and my Wife would like to work and not rely on Public Funds but a small help from the state such as Child Tax Credit or Housing Benefit to help us start our new Life in UK :D

I still would request that if anyone has more info on the benefits or Application side please keep me updated.
We would be moving to Scotland though as I heard the benefits are better up there.

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:30 pm

kreativzon wrote:
D4109125 wrote:If you have the 'right to reside' under EU regulations you should be able to claim public funds. But bear in mind for Chen:

Thanks for the Reply,

1. Funds +- 5000Eur
2. CSI for 1 year

Is NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS or DERIVATIVE RESIDENCE PERMIT mentioned on the Residence Permit ?

Thanks in advance
kreativzon wrote:
D4109125 wrote:I cannot comment on the European rules very much but I would surmise that would be ok. NRPF is for domestic (UK) applications not EU based ones.
Quick Reply! Thanks

I and my family would apply for a EEA Permit with our EEA child very soon, I would keep updated here since it could benefit someone.

I and my Wife would like to work and not rely on Public Funds but a small help from the state such as Child Tax Credit or Housing Benefit to help us start our new Life in UK :D

I still would request that if anyone has more info on the benefits or Application side please keep me updated.
We would be moving to Scotland though as I heard the benefits are better up there.
The two quotes in red dont really add up do they?

kreativzon
Newly Registered

Post by kreativzon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:52 pm

euroguys wrote:
kreativzon wrote:

Thanks for the Reply,

1. Funds +- 5000Eur
2. CSI for 1 year

Thanks in advance
kreativzon wrote:
Quick Reply! Thanks

The two quotes in red dont really add up do they?
Yes EuroGuys, You are true they do not match at all :D. But honestly our intension is not benefits but work. We just wanted to be informed if sometimes in life we may require state help we shall be able or not.

Please dont take it the wrong way.