ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how soon should i go for citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kpkr97
Newly Registered

how soon should i go for citizenship ceremony

Post by kpkr97 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:22 pm

hi all

i received my citizenship approval letter dated 11th july 2013 and want to know how soon i should have my ceremony done. i booked the ceremony on 8th october. am i still within the time frame. and once citizenship ceremony is odne will they give the naturalization certificate immediately? and after that how son will i get my british passport?

thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:03 pm

On the day of citizenship ceremony, you will get your naturalisation certificate in your hands.

You do not need to apply British passport after becoming British Citizenship. If you want, you can apply on the same day, after 1 months, after 1 year or after 50 years. Entirely your choice.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:25 pm

They say to allow up to 6 weeks for processing of your first British passport.

Outside of peak travel season ( say June through August ), most people, if diligent, manage to complete the process in under 2 weeks time.