ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: Referral & Residence queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Naturalisation: Referral & Residence queries

Post by MohiSid » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello Experts,

I intend to apply for Naturalisation the coming week through NCS Hounslow (if I can get an appointment slot available) and need clarification on the below queries.

Query1:

Referee1: Finance Officer

=> Would like to confirm whether the above profession is accepted by UKBA (under Accountant category) and also whether I need to use his office address as he stays at the same home address with me.

Referee2: My Landlord, knows me for about 3years

Please confirm whether I'm ok to use the above references.

Query2

Residence Requirement for the last three years (applying on the basis of married to a British Citizen)

=> I was on vacation from 17 Oct 2010 till 01 Nov 2010, so if in case I cant get an appointment for next week, do I have to wait till first week of Nov 2013 to be qualified for residence requirement.

Many Thanks,
Sid

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:00 pm

1. Finance officer of what? If he works in a VAT registered company then he can be a referee.

2. You must wait till first week of November.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ima2012
Newly Registered

Post by ima2012 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi evryone
I intend to apply for naturalisation this month, I have got my BRP on 2nd October 2012, then I went for holiday in 14 october to 9 december 2012, then I went again for holiday in 6 july to 15 september 2013.
what do UKBA mean by no more than 90 days outside UK during the last 12 months? do they mean 90 days in one go or more?
or can I apply in this situation before 28 october?
Thank you very much.