ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same sex marriage in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yt1983
Newly Registered

Same sex marriage in Ireland

Post by yt1983 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:23 am

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for having this forum open for the people who need this space.

I(South Korean) and my Irish boyfriend are planning to get married in Ireland but I've only found out after some research that we have to make an appointment with the registrar office and have to give them 3 months notice in advance.

We don't have that much time due to our personal issues. I have read the website : http://www.groireland.ie/getting_married.htm

And there are cases of being given exemption but does anybody know in what cases, people get exemption?

Having to give them 3 months notice really means if we give them the notice now, we will only be able to get married 3 months after today?

I need your help!!!

Thank you in advance!

Love211

Re: Same gender marriage in Ireland

Post by Love211 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:12 am

yes you must wait 3 month its for everyone doesnt matter where u from and must registrar thereafter registrar the will give u date after 3 month if u want quick marriage can go with your boyfriend in scotland or denmark its take 2 or 3 days there .

First of all, thank you for having this forum open for the people who need this space.

I(South Korean) and my Irish boyfriend are planning to get married in Ireland but I've only found out after some research that we have to make an appointment with the registrar office and have to give them 3 months notice in advance.

We don't have that much time due to our personal issues. I have read the website : http://www.groireland.ie/getting_married.htm

And there are cases of being given exemption but does anybody know in what cases, people get exemption?

Having to give them 3 months notice really means if we give them the notice now, we will only be able to get married 3 months after today?

I need your help!!!

Thank you in advance![/quote]

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Exemption is given if one person is terminally ill (eg dying of cancer).

I think exemption might be given if one is pregnant (not likely in your case, I know, but it may be relevant to others).
BL