ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Clarification needed with affidavit

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smartmind101

URGENT - Clarification needed with affidavit

Post by smartmind101 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Hey Guru's - If anybody has applied for Tier 1 Ent visa in UK and has submitted an affidavit along with the application to confirm an Ent Team, can you please tell me the correct procedure?... where is the affidavit made and along with the affidavit do we also need to get some sort of letter from a solicitor?. How much does that cost in total?

1 of the solicitors I called up said - That you have the format ready with you, so go to the notary and get the affidavit made for GBP 5. Thats all the solicitor knows about the affidavit.

Some of the people here say that - You also need a letter from a solicitor saying that he is authorized by OISC/ appropriate law body and he has seen the affidavit etc? Now I am not sure what to do.

Is an affidavit from the notary/county court sufficient or do we need to have something else also done along with it ??

Please reply ASAP.

priyapiya

Statutory Declaration

Post by priyapiya » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:00 pm

1 Declaration signed by both Ent Team member (Statutory Declaration)

2 You also need a letter from a solicitor (your signature must be verified by solicitor)

You may use the sample declaration form for third party

smartmind101

DOUBT...

Post by smartmind101 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:30 pm

I got your point, but can you plz clarify me some doubts:

1) is an affidavit same as a declaration ??... if they are different then whats the diff between the two??.... coz somebody told me u dont need a declaration but an affidavit.

2) Can you plz send me the EXACT TEXT which needs to be on the letter given by the solicitor?

Please reply ASAP. I will be sending my docs in a couple of days.

Thanks !!

famous

Re: DOUBT...

Post by famous » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:08 pm

in the policy guidelines there is no mention of the declaration or affidavit to be provided by entreprenuer team. all what u need is a joint account bank statement and a letter from bank. the declaration/affidavit is for third party cases.

please confirm this fact guys. i wud appreciate it.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Re: DOUBT...

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 pm

famous wrote:in the policy guidelines there is no mention of the declaration or affidavit to be provided by entreprenuer team. all what u need is a joint account bank statement and a letter from bank. the declaration/affidavit is for third party cases.

please confirm this fact guys. i wud appreciate it.
Having a join bank account does not imply that both team members have full access to the funds. Many cases were reportedly rejected on this grounds.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Is it written somewhere that joint account means 30% access to one person and 70% access to other?

Followings are two different things:

1) Access to bank account
and
2) Share of directors in a business

It all depends on your luck that the kind of case worker considering your case. Might focus on point 1 or point 2 or both of them.
Immigration rules state that team members should satisfy Point 2 with 50% share of each (£25000) and satisfy it with point 1.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 pm

RizKCB wrote:Is it written somewhere that joint account means 30% access to one person and 70% access to other?

Followings are two different things:

1) Access to bank account
and
2) Share of directors in a business

It all depends on your luck that the kind of case worker considering your case. Might focus on point 1 or point 2 or both of them.
Some people may want to try their luck but my advice will be get the damn affidavite and minimize your risk. Simple.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:29 pm

OK, so you are actually emphasizing on affidavit. True, it would not effect negatively.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Joint account & affadvit is enough to prove that there is access to funds by all team members. My visa was rejected by UKBA bcos mine & my wife's money was in diffrent account (eventhough we were noiminees) they wanted money in joint a/c only.