ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brothers I need your help plz

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Brothers I need your help plz

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:44 am

Hi Fellows,

Here's my situation:

I've been an international student in the UK for 7 years and under the new law I can't continue my studies.
I have decided to start my own business using the university's sponsorship ( UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) ).

The deadline to submit my business plan to uni is till 29th Oct.
My (tier 4) visa finishes on 30th Nov. but the university is saying that they won't be able to interview me until mid Dec and I have to go back home and wait for their decision.
I can't go back home because I will have to do 2 years of military service and also because of other reasons that won't be an option for me.

Is there any way i could get few weeks or a month extension on my current visa until my interview?

Thank you
Ash

rahulsingh1

Re: Brothers I need your help plz

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:14 am

I am not sure I understand your question:

Do you want to apply for entrepreneur visa ?
Or are you asking if you could get some other visa till december ?

Ashkan wrote:Hi Fellows,

Here's my situation:

I've been an international student in the UK for 7 years and under the new law I can't continue my studies.
I have decided to start my own business using the university's sponsorship ( UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) ).

My (tier 4) visa finishes on 30th Nov. but the university is saying that they won't be able to interview me until mid Dec and I have to go back home and wait for their decision.
I can't go back home because I will have to do 2 years of military service and also because of other reasons that won't be an option for me.

Is there any way i could get few weeks or a month extension on my current visa until my interview?

Thank you
Ash

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 am

You can overstay by 28 days without consequence or, as a last resort, you can make a frivolous application for FLR and wait for that to be refused. Are you saying that the uni will be providing you with 200K to fund your enterprise?

Whatever happens, you cannot apply for T1 from inside the UK.

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Brothers I need your help plz

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 am

I want to apply for "tier 1 graduate entrepreneur" and for that I need a letter of endorsement from my university. The university will do that for me providing that I have a solid business plan and pass the interview which is taking place in mid December. but my visa finishes at the end of November.
So I need a way to stay in the UK for a few weeks.
rahulsingh1 wrote:I am not sure I understand your question:

Do you want to apply for entrepreneur visa ?
Or are you asking if you could get some other visa till december ?

Ashkan wrote:Hi Fellows,

Here's my situation:

Thank you
Ash

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 am

Thank you Lucapooka for your answer. Could you tell me more about "a frivolous application for FLR" ?
If my university sponsors me I would not need any fund for the business since %50 of my business would belong to the university.

Lucapooka wrote:You can overstay by 28 days without consequence or, as a last resort, you can make a frivolous application for FLR and wait for that to be refused. Are you saying that the uni will be providing you with 200K to fund your enterprise?

Whatever happens, you cannot apply for T1 from inside the UK.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:46 am

You made no mention of graduate entrepreneur category in your initial post and that would have provided you with different information.

I would advise leaving the UK and returning in December to hold the interview. Loitering until then with a frivolous (cynical) application that has no merit is not the way to go.

What is your nationality?

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 am

Lucapooka wrote:You made no mention of graduate entrepreneur category in your initial post and that would have provided you with different information.

I would advise leaving the UK and returning in December to hold the interview. Loitering until then with a frivolous (cynical) application that has no merit is not the way to go.
So if I left UK would I have to apply from my home country or any other country will do?

and since I'm thinking of settling in the UK after 10 years, would leaving UK in order to come back again jeopardise all these 7 years I've spent in the uk?

Just to mention, my wife is also an international student and living with me, she has visa until July 2014. Would that not help?

Sorry for all the questions
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 am

If you leave the UK with valid leave, and return with a new leave within six months, you will not break your residence to qualify for ILR under long residence.

Is your wife studying at a HEI at level 7 or higher, as that could be an option?

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 am

Lucapooka wrote:If you leave the UK with valid leave, and return with a new leave within six months, you will not break your residence to qualify for ILR under long residence.

Is your wife studying at a HEI at level 7 or higher, as that could be an option?
Thank you Lucapooka, So can I go to any country ( other than my own) and apply for a visa?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 am

To visit only, but what about the wife question above? You can apply for a visit visa from any country, but If you leave the UK after 7 years and don't return to your home, but then apply to visit the UK in short space of time from another country, you will be refused.

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am

So what are your suggestions Lucapooka please. Because going back home is not an option for me.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:06 am

The recurring question about the wife's immigration status study course needs to be answered!

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 am

sorry I missed that! well I understand that I can't become her dependent form tier 4 visa which i'm already on. isn't that correct?

if there is a way to become her dependent until i get my own visa sorted, please let me know.

or any other suggestions that doesn't involve going back home.

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ashkan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:16 am

Also she's studying at a masters lvl

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 pm

If your wife is studying then I think you can switch to her dependant. Check the new rules.
I'm pretty sure that dependants can switch to other categories.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Ashkan wrote:Also she's studying at a masters lvl

But which institution? Is it a HEI as defined? And have you held maintenance for 3 months?

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Momi wrote:If your wife is studying then I think you can switch to her dependant. Check the new rules.
I'm pretty sure that dependants can switch to other categories.
Wrong
Opinion is researchedly mine!