ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UREGNT !!! Spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rubablu
United Kingdom

UREGNT !!! Spouse visa

Post by Rubablu » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi
My wife got student visa just 2 days ago.I was her sponsor and I did not apply for spouse visa then.Still she did not left Bangladesh for Uk.

At this situation may I apply for spouse visa now ? Or I may be able to apply for spouse visa after she arrive in UK only.

Any experience man pls advice.

Thanks

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:29 pm

Suggest you do one step at a time, however, I am not sure (without looking into the Rules) about switching student status into a spouse one. I think until some time in the past it was possible to submit FLR(M) at the end of the leave to remain as a student.

Check with the Border and Immigration Agency website.

SHANKARK

Dependent Visa

Post by SHANKARK » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:56 pm

You need to apply as a dependent of your wife, who will be a stuent in the UK. Not spouse visa. form VAF1 - Dependent Category

Spouse visa is granted if your wife is a British citizen or has indefinite leave in UK.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:39 am

Hi SHANKARK,

Thanks for your reply.Please note still my wife is in Bangladesh not in UK. Just she got visa for two years.

At this moment I can apply for dependent visa or not.

Thanks
Rubablu

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:04 am

I think what you are saying is that your wife has just got a 2-year student visa, and you, also still in Bangladesh at the moment, want to know whether you can apply for a dependent visa as her spouse.

The answer is yes, but of course you will need to pass the usual tests .... such as financial and accommodation ... in order for the visa to be granted.

If the visa is granted you will be permitted to work in the UK.
John

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi John
Thanks for your reply.I already applied for dependent visa.

regards
Rubablu