ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Tier-2 Visa reapplication

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Surjit82
Newly Registered

UKBA Tier-2 Visa reapplication

Post by Surjit82 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi All,

I applied for Tier-2 (General) visa recently, to which I have got a refusal letter few days ago on the ground that I do not score adequate point for salary from my sponsor.

My previous visa was PSW (Post Study Work) which expired in the second week of September 2013.

Now my query is: Can I reapply for the same visa (Tier-2 General) with correct/amended salary? If yes, should I get a new certificate of sponsor from my company? Or, should I amend the previous certificate of sponsor?
I would be grateful if anyone could throw some light on my queries.

Cheers!

Surjit
Last edited by Surjit82 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:37 pm

You must get a new COS

sarimapa
Newly Registered

Post by sarimapa » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:25 pm

First, If you have got the right to appeal, then you can either appeal or make a fresh application. But you cannot do both same time.

Fresh application:
you will need a new CoS with correct Job Code and salary

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 pm

in-country reapplication must be within 28 days of the refusal.

Surjit82
Newly Registered

Post by Surjit82 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 am

sarimapa wrote:First, If you have got the right to appeal, then you can either appeal or make a fresh application. But you cannot do both same time.

Fresh application:
you will need a new CoS with correct Job Code and salary
Hello,

If I apply fresh application within the deadline of appeal (that is 10 days from the date of receipt of refusal letter), will it be 100% safe? I am asking this question because my earlier visa PSW expired in september second week 2013. Can you tell me relevant rule/law which provides deadline for fresh application? I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Surjit

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:12 pm

search for cooling period, I guess it's the given time since you receive your refusal, to give you chance to appeal or leave :(

Surjit82
Newly Registered

Post by Surjit82 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 pm

maxoizs wrote:search for cooling period, I guess it's the given time since you receive your refusal, to give you chance to appeal or leave :(
Thanks!

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Sounds like you might be manipulating the salary figure so that it meets the code of practice - watch out as this is not allowed. If the UKBA visit your sponsor and discover that your real salary is lower than stated on the CoS they could take action against your sponsor.