ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passed B1 CEFR test with distinction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulip11

passed B1 CEFR test with distinction

Post by tulip11 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 pm

I passed B1 CEFR test by obtaining A grade in both sections.
Last edited by tulip11 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheikh76
Newly Registered

Re: passed B1 CEFR test with distinction

Post by sheikh76 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:41 pm

tulip11 wrote:I passed B1 CEFR test by obtaining A garde in both sections.
you should be awarded with Pride of Performance and given a gold medal :D

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:44 pm

And which test would that be? Can you provide a link to their website, I am considering booking one such test for my wife.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Congratulation.. I heard one born British man failed that test once :D

anyway, any tips will be good.. like which test u have taken, link, study material etc..

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 pm

nionlight wrote:
Congratulation.. I heard one born British man failed that test once :D

anyway, any tips will be good.. like which test u have taken, link, study material etc..
thanks.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:21 am

tulip11 wrote:I passed B1 CEFR test by obtaining A grade in both sections.
Which exam did you pass?

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:32 pm

humanvoid wrote:
Which exam did you pass?
B1 CEFR

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:15 pm

tulip11 wrote:B1 CEFR
Not level but which exam did you pass (PET, ESOL etc)?

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:23 am

humanvoid wrote:
tulip11 wrote:B1 CEFR
Not level but which exam did you pass (PET, ESOL etc)?
it's known as B1 CEFR and it's equivalent to ESOL level 3.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:18 pm

can u please share the course materials ....
thanks

royh

Post by royh » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:29 pm

just curious, for your test did you have to do the "Discussion of a prepared topic (up to 5 mins)".
The Topic phase gives candidates the opportunity to display their level of the language while talking about self-selected and personal topics. When choosing the topic for discussion, candidates should prepare the topic on a subject they are personally interested in, knowledgeable about and able to discuss with the examiner for up to 5 minutes.

Before your examination you must complete a 'Topic form' which you will present to the examiner when you enter the examination room. The examiner uses the information on the Topic form to help initiate and develop a discussion about your chosen topic area. It is designed to encourage spontaneous discussion so you should not try to memorise what you are going to say.
I have no real knowledge of a particular topic that I feel have enough knowledge on without it being technical and come across as "out of their knowledge base" or be absurd having someone try and ask questions about. If they don't really know the subject matter (networking) I can waffle on about anything really and it not be wrong, but then that would be suspicious cos they'd think I chose a technical subject just for that purpose.

I think I might have to submit my form before the 28th to avoid all this.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 pm

adil2009 wrote:can u please share the course materials ....
thanks
there is no particular course for this test. When you ill register your self online for a test they ill send you an email within 24 hours which ill contain everything there will be an link regarding details of this test in first part you have to choose a topic of your own for conversation but be careful don't choose topic from the list which is given for second part.The topic must be your own and in second part they ill choose 2 topics by their own for further conversation.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:47 pm

royh wrote:just curious, for your test did you have to do the "Discussion of a prepared topic (up to 5 mins)".
The Topic phase gives candidates the opportunity to display their level of the language while talking about self-selected and personal topics. When choosing the topic for discussion, candidates should prepare the topic on a subject they are personally interested in, knowledgeable about and able to discuss with the examiner for up to 5 minutes.

Before your examination you must complete a 'Topic form' which you will present to the examiner when you enter the examination room. The examiner uses the information on the Topic form to help initiate and develop a discussion about your chosen topic area. It is designed to encourage spontaneous discussion so you should not try to memorise what you are going to say.
I have no real knowledge of a particular topic that I feel have enough knowledge on without it being technical and come across as "out of their knowledge base" or be absurd having someone try and ask questions about. If they don't really know the subject matter (networking) I can waffle on about anything really and it not be wrong, but then that would be suspicious cos they'd think I chose a technical subject just for that purpose.

I think I might have to submit my form before the 28th to avoid all this.
if someone ill apply for ILR before 28th October 2013 so they ill still require this test later on for naturalisation as well.

mingon
Newly Registered

Post by mingon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:16 am

Hi Tulip11, when did you register and when did you actually sit the exam please ? How long did it take to get the results ?
Thanks

amitpattjoshi
Newly Registered

ESOL Level B1 - Tier 1

Post by amitpattjoshi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Jst gave the ESOL B1 level 3 test and waiting for the result......... :( .. lets see..

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Please don't stress about B1 level test.

If you can speak and understand english like a 2 years old child, you will pass the test with flying colours.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:02 pm

When is the award ceremony? I am sure it will be someone from royal family who will come to award a certificate of such a distinction.

A knighthood for such a great distinction in speaking and listening of the english language is a real possibility.