ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence new rules.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JTF2007

10 year long residence new rules.

Post by JTF2007 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Dear members,

one of my dear friend is applying for 10 years long residence visa he has few questions regarding his application please give your valuable advice on this matter.

Hi ,

I am on HSMP visa and my extension due in Feb 2014 , but before my extension due, I  am eligible for  settlement on the basis of 10 years long residency  ,  I have an intention to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency , my 10 years will be completed 2nd Jan 2014. And I would like to apply my ILR 28 days before my 10 years in Dec 2013.

At same time I like to apply for my spouse’s  visa as well, she is living with me. She First applied her Tier 1 General visa as my dependent from Pakistan on 28th May 2012 (applied before 9th July 2012, (new rules)  )and get her entry clearance on 19th July 2012 , and she arrived in UK on 16th Sep 2012 . as I have mention above I have an intention to apply for ILR in DEC with my wife, at that time my wife completed  14 to 15 months in the UK.

Now my questions are if I will apply for -ILR (for  settlement on the basis of 10 years long residency  ) in DEC 2013.

1--Which visa my wife will apply for.  settlement visa or extension  as my spouse , and what would be qualifying period for ILR settlement Visa ?

2--Which application form will my wife to be filed?

3-- what level of English does she required to qualify for spouse visa ?

4--Does she need Life In the UK test now for spouse visa after October 2013 changes ?

5--Do I need to show funds for my wife’s application or for my application ?

6--Our baby due in November or December , so shall I apply my baby's visa once I get my visa or or do I have to include my partner's spouse visa.

I am looking forward for your answers and advice , its be really helpful if your answers will be in details.

Thanks

Regards

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 year long residence new rules.

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:38 pm

JTF2007 wrote:Dear members,

one of my dear friend is applying for 10 years long residence visa he has few questions regarding his application please give your valuable advice on this matter.

Hi ,

I am on HSMP visa and my extension due in Feb 2014 , but before my extension due, I  am eligible for  settlement on the basis of 10 years long residency  ,  I have an intention to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency , my 10 years will be completed 2nd Jan 2014. And I would like to apply my ILR 28 days before my 10 years in Dec 2013.

At same time I like to apply for my spouse’s  visa as well, she is living with me. She First applied her Tier 1 General visa as my dependent from Pakistan on 28th May 2012 (applied before 9th July 2012, (new rules)  )and get her entry clearance on 19th July 2012 , and she arrived in UK on 16th Sep 2012 . as I have mention above I have an intention to apply for ILR in DEC with my wife, at that time my wife completed  14 to 15 months in the UK.

Now my questions are if I will apply for -ILR (for  settlement on the basis of 10 years long residency  ) in DEC 2013.

1--Which visa my wife will apply for.  settlement visa or extension  as my spouse , and what would be qualifying period for ILR settlement Visa ?

FLR(M). If she's been considered under Pre-July rules then 2 yrs in amalgamation.

2--Which application form will my wife to be filed?

FLR(M) Form

3-- what level of English does she required to qualify for spouse visa ?

Level A1. Please refer to FLR(M) Guidance

4--Does she need Life In the UK test now for spouse visa after October 2013 changes ?

No not now, but yes at the time of Settlement.

5--Do I need to show funds for my wife’s application or for my application ?

No for you and WRT your spouse only if she's been granted her first dependent visa (Entry Clearance) under Old rules (Pre July)

6--Our baby due in November or December , so shall I apply my baby's visa once I get my visa or or do I have to include my partner's spouse visa.

Forget about making any application as of now. Once you get your ILR, you can register your baby using MN1 Form. However, i am assuming that your baby will be born in the UK.

I am looking forward for your answers and advice , its be really helpful if your answers will be in details.

Thanks

Regards
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:22 am

Thanx for your reply,

I have a subsequent question My Mrs Applied for entry clearance in May 2012 before new rules introduced but she received her VISA on 19 July and travel in September.

My question is she come Pre-July rules I mean old rules or new rules.

Kind Regards

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:35 am

JTF2007 wrote:I have a subsequent question My Mrs Applied for entry clearance in May 2012 before new rules introduced but she received her VISA on 19 July and travel in September.

My question is she come Pre-July rules I mean old rules or new rules.
I'm assuming the above query is still impersonating your friend's missus.
JTF2007 wrote:one of my dear friend is applying for 10 years long residence visa he has few questions regarding his application please give your valuable advice on this matter.
I'd assume it to be under Old rules. You can figure it out easily, If you did not had to fulfill the Financial Requirement then she was issued her entry clearance under Old Rules.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:53 am

Yes, Indeed the question posed about my friends Mrs.

Thx.