ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

storytale from illegal immigrant in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bullheadthe
Newly Registered

storytale from illegal immigrant in UK

Post by bullheadthe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:15 pm

:D
THIS IS TRUE STORY -

I am in very interesting situation, or WHO I AM ,

I have arrived by tourist visa to UK in July 2002 (problems for my life and freedom in Russia ) with purpose to stay forever in UK , and still here - in Scotland/ Aberdeen - overstayed.
At present time - judging by some documents - resident of UK .
- I am citizen of Russia ( born November 1961 ), mistake in geography, not interesting in Russian citizenship, and I want to stay here irrevocably - no more choice for me, no any desire to live and work in other places.

Main problem - my Russian passport expired in November 2006, so I am without any kind or " proper ID " , with photograph, because i live and work in UK using my Russian passport, and it's possible - I am good example.
So I need any lawful ID for United Kingdom , any kind , to live , to work , apply for new and better job, cross the border - ( not important ) , but for holidays, maybe.
- what about driving licence.
- British passport
- some kind secondary ID
- NINO,
In present time I have this list of my legal ( I got them, using my Russian passport ) documents in UK ,
1 - copy land certificate - homeowner in Scotland
2 - temporary NI number and tax reference number from Inland Revenue - 16W*****
3 - P60 for 2004, 2005, 2006
4 - P45 for 2003,
5 - PAYE coding notice - tax code for tax year 2006 -2007 from HM Revenue and Customs
6 - reference number and council tax receipt card
7 - employer's PAYE reference
8 - mortgage and mortgage statements
9 - remortgage
10 - mortgage life insurance , content and building insurance
11 - secured and unsecured loans
12 - bank account from February 2003, investment account , saving account
And some documents, that help me to live and work in UK/Scotland
13 - current account, Internet account
14 - debit card
15 - credit card
16 - store card
17 - TV licence
18 - payslips
19 - references from organisations and persons,
20 - community health index No. N.H.S. No - NHS medical card,
21 - European health insurance card
22 - contract phone - my address and information of my passport
23 - utility bills with my costumer account
24 - student in college - evening course, and going for full-time
25 - library card - all these documents with my facts and on my Russian passport, this is real world.
26 - BT land line

and last - 27 - email from electoral registration office - to confirm , that I have Russian passport

Q. ? - Is it possible find legitimate decision in my situation I am absolutely sure - YES, , and still looking legal ways to solve this problem for me, my family ( forced to leave wife in Russia ), interesting in any decision, may be step by step, or some part of this problem, - firstly - no forced deportation , for start, because in any case I must apply to HO or IND , - may be somebody knows other way ? - legitimate of course -
- main question for now- identification issue in my situation , need to sort out.

what kind of information I must provide to You or Your company

! Any good advices , ideas./
Yours Sincerely

Igor B. , good citizen.
igorasdf@yahoo.co.uk :twisted:

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:32 pm

1. You can probably get your Russian passport renewed at the Russian embassy here and then you've got a valid photo ID.

2. Most of those documents above aren't IDs, and certainly aren't photo IDs. A driving licence is accepted in many place as a good ID but you obviously can't use it for holidays etc.

3. I don't know what your immigration status but if you are "illegal" nobody here will advise you to continue being illegal and circumventing the system. Your best bet would be to work towards resolving your immigration status. Talk to a good lawyer.

bullheadthe
Newly Registered

Post by bullheadthe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:44 pm

my russian passport in my situation - like no passport,
for my criminal offence - by law i am illegal immigrant with or without russian passport - i can renew online - by russian law - I DON'T WANT ,
in my situation it will be worse

1 - i can inform all and everyone, don't waste you and my time for such kind of adivces ,
all financial and government structures know about me and my documents, and so on
that i am "former" russian citizen, hsve russian passport, which expired ,
and so on so on so on.
main reason for my "untoachable" - i never provide any fake ID or documents,
and my WEB too strong :oops:
or may be guinea pig.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Ur only way is to renew ur Russian passport go home and obtain entry clearance to UK legally.

Or wait for 14 year stay concession, long time to live on ur nerves.

Удачи - Вам надо..........

bullheadthe
Newly Registered

end of story ?

Post by bullheadthe » Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 am

in present time i am at suit against British government,
in France, European Court of Human Rights, Strasbourg
was detained after interview, absolutely voluntary,
taken to England, from Scotland, harmondsworth,
released, and in waiting for court,
so it was simple decision ,
but wait, in my flat, no one disturb me,
but is it the end of story - don't know.

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Tue May 06, 2008 1:25 pm

bullheadthe wrote:my russian passport in my situation - like no passport,
for my criminal offence - by law i am illegal immigrant with or without russian passport - i can renew online - by russian law - I DON'T WANT ,
in my situation it will be worse

1 - i can inform all and everyone, don't waste you and my time for such kind of adivces ,
all financial and government structures know about me and my documents, and so on
that i am "former" russian citizen, hsve russian passport, which expired ,
and so on so on so on.
main reason for my "untoachable" - i never provide any fake ID or documents,
and my WEB too strong :oops:
or may be guinea pig.
Bullheadthe, first of all if you need advice from people here you do not have to be rude. Based on the information you have provided here your case seem to be complicated and there seem to be more to it. To get the ball rolling you first need some kind of identification so go and get your Russian Passport renewed, get a very good lawyer and put up a case with the home office, apparently you seem to be tired of being in that situation so go and get your passport renewed which is the first step.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Igor B. , good citizen.
But Igor, you are not a good citizen. Every day you are here in the UK you are committing a criminal offence ... being in the UK illegally. Not only that your employer faces a penalty of up to £10000 for employing an illegal worker ... you .... and especially with news stories as on the TV yesterday ... many more employers now being issued with penalty notices ... you can expect employers to start checking their employees much more carefully.

Things are only going to get a lot tougher for illegals. Best to go home voluntarily rather than being deported.
Main problem - my Russian passport expired in November 2006
No it isn't, it is that you are not allowed to work. And continuing to stay in employment is going to be increasingly difficult. Your Russian passport has never given you the right to work in the UK.
John

bullheadthe
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by bullheadthe » Tue May 06, 2008 2:58 pm

thanks, but i never use lawyers, because they are useless - they are for lazy and honest people, not for me :)

- i live and worked here legally - using my passport, and it is not my problem, that i had russian passport.

and if i am tax payer, and home owner, why i can't live here,
and i don't want to live in russia, and court is on my side.
so i don't see any problems in this situation at all.

if all of you were born in britain - it isn't your achivement,
and if your government took money from me , like all other financial organizations - they have to pay-
some way, so i don't understand problem - i don't see problem at all.
sorry, but i understand your point - because you are british passport holders - but it isn't problem for me too - sorry, i don't care.
i am human being, and when i was born, i don't have passport too.
surely you have.

terrorists and criminals usually have british passports , or come here legally - so is it your idea.

this world changing - people not - but reality rules, not fear. :)
you are afraid competitors - the only real explanation, and ancient and out-of-date system, and in your system people worries only about their easy and well payed job, not about your interests, and interests of United Kingdom - i know system from inside , and your government can't tell voters - you are not suitable for modern world, the reason, why all people from europe come here and find job, not all of them , but many, very easily.

so be honest with yourself and real reasons - it is true , and all and everyone know that.

welcome to real world.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Dood, you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

You are not legal, in fact you are most likely a criminal, you've broken the immigration rules by overstaying.

I'm afraid you exhibit a trait I've seen in a lot of Russian people, you seem to think you can just take whatever you like and then justify it with swaggering arrogance.

Well my friend, the net is closing, the UK is no soft touch anymore and needs to up those repatriation figures, davai poka.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 06, 2008 4:10 pm

i live and worked here legally
Having read what you have posted, I fail to see why you think you are legal in the UK, and permitted to work. Please spell out your reasons why you have reached your conclusion.
John

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Tue May 06, 2008 4:38 pm

John wrote:
i live and worked here legally
Having read what you have posted, I fail to see why you think you are legal in the UK, and permitted to work. Please spell out your reasons why you have reached your conclusion.
I don't think this is going to ultimately lead to any sort of constructive discussion. Nice effort though...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 06, 2008 6:04 pm

I fear you are right, especially as the subject for this topic, chosen by the OP, is "storytale from illegal immigrant in UK"!

Beginning to think that the word "storytale" might have been chosen deliberately!
John

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Tue May 06, 2008 6:39 pm

This is just a wind up!!!!!

Biggie.

martha

Post by martha » Wed May 07, 2008 9:41 am

I understand you want to stay here.
But as others have said, you are an illegal. You came here on a visit visa. This does not entitle you to work, so how can you say you pay your taxes? You wouldnt legally have been issued a National Insurance number.
I am all for people coming to the UK, but they should be open and honest when dealing with the authorities, and not try another route because it suits them.
You say that there are many criminals and dishonest people with British passports. I have a British passport and was born here. But this is not the issue is it? You want to make excuses for your own actions.
I would never think of deceiving any government, even my own. I have every opportunity to behave bably. I choose not to.
I dont think you will be satisfied with honest answers here. Some have advised you go home to Russia and try to re-enter legally . But next time dont try for a visit visa if you intend to remain here once that expires

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 07, 2008 11:02 am

This is a total fabrication. Do not waste your time with this thread.

If he was in Harmondsworth as a single Russian male, even with an expired travel doc he would have been on the plane!

No way would he have been transferred from Scotland to Harmondsworth and not exited. If he was detained he would have been held in Scotland, issued with the appropriate IS doc's - any right of appeal exhausted then moved over to H/worth for transit out.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Wed May 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Biggie wrote:This is just a wind up!!!!!

Biggie.
Don't think so - his English looks very Russian to me.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Wed May 07, 2008 12:05 pm

martha wrote:This does not entitle you to work, so how can you say you pay your taxes? You wouldnt legally have been issued a National Insurance number.
You can spend years working and paying taxes on a temporary NI number - it is one of those holes, which the Government has completely forgotten to close.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed May 07, 2008 12:39 pm

AlexCh wrote:
martha wrote:This does not entitle you to work, so how can you say you pay your taxes? You wouldnt legally have been issued a National Insurance number.
You can spend years working and paying taxes on a temporary NI number - it is one of those holes, which the Government has completely forgotten to close.
HMRC is no longer accepting temporary NI numbers.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 07, 2008 12:48 pm

paulp wrote:
AlexCh wrote:
But employers do! My gf's did last year anyway...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 07, 2008 12:49 pm

AlexCh wrote:
Biggie wrote:This is just a wind up!!!!!

Biggie.
Don't think so - his English looks very Russian to me.
Yeah, very bad for five years in UK...

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 07, 2008 12:51 pm

You can spend years working and paying taxes on a temporary NI number - it is one of those holes, which the Government has completely forgotten to close.[/quote]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Funny you should mention that. Joint working between HMRC DWP & UKBA is tackling that issue. It is amazing how many there are. :lol:
A lot of people relied on the ease of obtaining an NINO to convince employers that they were entitled to work. The new employer rules and fines have opened the eyes and in some cases wallets of the employers. Many are now reviewing their staff records to ensure they are not employing potential time bomb employees.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Wed May 07, 2008 1:15 pm

paulp wrote:
So how exactly a new legal foreign employee can start working? In my case it took about 3 months to get NI number and my employer made an appointment for me before I even actually arrived to the country.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed May 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Wanderer wrote:But employers do! My gf's did last year anyway...
The temporary NI number now has absolutely no value. Your gf could just as well have given the employer any randomly made up numbers.

If her employer were to send that temporary NI number to the taxman (HMRC), they will point-blank refuse it and if her records cannot be traced by her full name, dob and gender, there will be no NI Contributions (incl pensions) attributed to her for that tax year.

alhameeedu
Newly Registered

Post by alhameeedu » Fri May 09, 2008 12:42 pm

heyyy guys i agree with your feeling towards igor for his ignorance and attitude for claiming something thtas not legally his entitlement. his entitlement of his identitty documents might as well be a fake id in any case as non of it has been aquired LEGALLY!! heyyy igor i am also in the same position as you no photo id but the difference is i came here legally and have indefinate leave to remain and also been married twice and lived here for 36 yrs only reason i cant get my photo id is becos when i lost my passport the indian authorities will not accept my application for one becos i lost it a long time ago i have the passport no. and details and a letter from the HO informing me that i have indefinate leave to remain but the incompetant monkeys wont accept my application and keep fobbing me off to apply for a britsh passport which i cant get without natuaralisation. and i cant natuaralise without my photo id sooooo your my freind dont think you are being hashly treated for not having a photo id. ps anyone able to advise a legal person in this situation??????

ricky

Post by ricky » Fri May 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Alhameedo:
your situation is a bit complicated mate
but i know someone with similar situation as you he is not indian!
first you need to visit your embassy in london, ask them for a temporary travel document , it is a paper with your photo accepted in all airport of the world , to get that you need to give them photos , birth certificarte , if you have a house in india ask your family there to send you a residence certificate or even if you own a house there anyway after that they need to check with indian home office about your identity then issue this temporary travel paper , after that buy your ticket and go to India , and apply for a passport like any other citizen there , once you get your passport get in touch with the british embassy there and show the letter stating granting leave to remain etc , you will be able to return to uk then apply for citizenship
your case means you have to go back to ur country and get your passport there then come back to uk , your pasport need to be given to you by your counry of origin
i think thats th only way to sort out this