ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please urgent answer non eea national decided divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muniira
Newly Registered

please urgent answer non eea national decided divorce

Post by muniira » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:09 am

please could someone help me my question i am family member of EEA national i am wife me and husband things are not going well and we decided divorce he is dutch also my children are dutch national what will be my situation if he moves out and lives onther address i live here four years and have residence card if i have residence card am i entitled to rent house because of the children what are my options i know i am not entitled any benefit do i have any right if i have small children to stay in UK

thanks in advance

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: please urgent answer non eea national decided divorce

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:42 am

muniira wrote:please could someone help me my question i am family member of EEA national i am wife me and husband things are not going well and we decided divorce he is dutch also my children are dutch national what will be my situation if he moves out and lives onther address i live here four years and have residence card if i have residence card am i entitled to rent house because of the children what are my options i know i am not entitled any benefit do i have any right if i have small children to stay in UK

thanks in advance

Sorry that your marriage is not working. Try your best to work it out as i can see you have 4 children's. They need both father/mother . You should visit family relationship advisor or Citizen advise bureau . Single mom looking after 4 children's is not an easy job

Yes you do have right to stay in the UK because

- Your marriage survived more then 3 years

- You have children

You are entitled to get some benefits; i'm not sure what benefit you should claim may be GURU can give some suggestion

is you Husband still working? Even if you divorce you can retained your right of residence and you may even qualify to apply for Permanent resident after 1 year

are you working ? even if he moves out he will still have access to child right?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:41 am

You may be able to retain your right of residence.

In what way was your husband exercising treaty rights? Was he working or self employed and is he still doing that?

Are children in school?

It will be a sad if he left home, but you need not worry too much as I suspect you will be fine. Even if he decides to go for divorce.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors