ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal application - Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mimixtra
Newly Registered

Postal application - Please help

Post by Mimixtra » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:36 am

Hi all, I hope you can help.

I was hoping to use the ncs but as every office I called is fully booked before the new changes are included, I decided to apply by post so I need to make sure everything I am doing is right!

Can you please advise me if you are 100% sure about any of the points below...

1) I read the thread on using the old form (dec 2012) and I guess I can send the old form before 28 october but my reference page was filled in back in january 2013...would that be invalid after a certain time has passed?

2) I need to send my passport, is there a way of getting around this? Like sending a copy certified by a solicitor? If not, will they keep it for the whole application processing time? Can I get it back to travel in the meantime or would that stop/cancel the whole process?

3) I think I know this but for peace of mind...if they receive my application on 14 october and I was in the UK on 15 october, but abroad on 14 october, that's fine right?

4) They check that I haven't spent more than 270 days in the 3 year residential period. I got my spouse visa september 2009 and ILR november 2011. Does this mean the 3 years start from october 2010 to october 2013 (I am applying this month)?

Many thanks indeed!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:43 am

1) The date referee signed application form should not be more than 6 months of application date so you cant use that.
2) i believe you can send certified copies.
3) you are correct.
4) three year period start from your application date.

Mimixtra
Newly Registered

Post by Mimixtra » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Points 3 and 4 are clear now.

Still unsure about 1 and 2 though. The NCS had advised that there is no time limit on the reference page, and that they are the only ones who have the right stamp to certify copies (solicitors don't).

So I'm slightly confused, I know NCS can be misleading sometimes!

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm

There is 6 months time limit on reference, so you will need it signed again. NCS is wrong.

You can use a solicitor to send you application, they will charge you but you will not need to send original passport.

There have been cases where people have asked for passports back due to unforeseen travel and received it without affecting the application process, however that is not always guaranteed.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:57 pm

When I applied for my daughter, that is what NCS told me that it has to be within 6 months. I also saw a post here while ago which had link to ukba site confirming that so my advise would be to get referees to sign again.
You can also get soliciter or notary public to certify copies. Call home office if in doubt.

Mimixtra
Newly Registered

Post by Mimixtra » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Thank you. I plan to post everything on Monday but HO do not answer the phone, only the automated service is put on.

May be I'll ring a different NCS to see if they say a certified copy by a solicitor is fine.

I have another question, I just checked the list of documents to send and it seems that if the application is on the basis of marriage then we need to send their passport as well + marriage certificate. Is this what people who used the postal service previously have done?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Yes