ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I move from Tier 2?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lb2205
Newly Registered

Can I move from Tier 2?

Post by lb2205 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 am

Hi,

I would like to know what my options are to get into another category, hopefully one where I do not rely on a sponsorship to change my job?

I will detail my full circumstance in hopes that someone can provide me with an option that will help.

I arrived in the UK in 2009 on a student VISA. I worked part time during my Master's study. I switched to a PSW VISA in 2010 and work full- time. I switched to a Tier 2 VISA, in April with a COS from my current employer.

I am DESPERATE to leave my current employer but most companies that I have interviewed with are not interested in sponsorship. I even received offers and then was told that the RLT is too long so they would rather a citizen.

Can I get onto Tier 1? Should I save and do a PhD? What can I do to get into an easier VISA category?

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:09 pm

saving for PhD about 45K plus your expense ?
it's better to apply as T1 Entrepreneur with fund of 50K
or you can wait 5 years :) it's that long by the way
also I've heard of other options like finding an umbrella company to sponsor you as contractor